Chapter Fourty-Seven

Luke's P.O.V.

I physically shook my head in an attempt to get her out of my mind, but I heard the call of my name faintly in the background as I strided up the stairs. I couldn't care less if someone was calling for me, I needed a drink and I needed it now, before my sober mind took too much control over me, at least drunk me kept my emotions still, drunk me knew how to shut the thought of her out.

"I need a second alone, Ash," I told him once I spotted him and Julia at the top of the stairs in front of me

"Take all the time you need, but the bar is right here," He said opening the door to my right, but once I looked inside, it was a bedroom. I kept walking, not even bothering to enter, but before I could get any further, Ashton pushed me inside making me stumble on my feet. Before I could balance myself, he had already shut the door on me, keeping me in regardless of how hard I pulled the door open.

"Ashton, what the hell!" I yelled

"Open the fucking door!" I banged against the wooden frame trying to force it open to no avail

"Shit," I groaned in one last attempt to open the door, but nothing worked.

Giving up, I let myself fall onto the bed searching for some sort of comfort, but even the softness of the cushions beneath me made me feel even more confined. I stood up sighing, walking towards the windows all covered by drapes, one by one I opened each window to let air run through, but once I got to the larger drapes, moving the fabric aside, I found a glass door revealing a person sitting on the balcony. It was the same person, the same girl I was staring at from behind at the ceremony.

I hesitantly placed my hand on the door knob letting myself feed into this undying need to know who she was. Once I opened the door, she turned around, and I felt everything in me crack. As if my bones were made of fragile glass, everything in me hurt, everything around me felt like it was crashing into me, and she was right there in front of it all.

Josie's P.O.V.

Hearing the jingle of the door knob behind me, I turned around and saw him, In that same moment, he rushed in the opposite direction and I quickly stood up to see where he was going. The second I reached the opened glass doors of the balcony, he had already reached the door, aggressively banging against it with his fist and yelling.

"Ashton, I'm going to fucking murder you when I get this door open!" He yelled trying his hardest to get it open. I could see the muscles in his arms start to show as he attempted to force the door open, but in the process, he pulled on the door knob too hard completely detaching it from the door making it impossible to open from this side now. He threw it on the ground with so much anger, I didn't know what to do. I knew that speaking would make it worse at this point, so I kept quiet, letting his rage course through him. By this time, he was giving up, he rested his forehead against the wooden frame, still banging against it, but he was slowing down.

When he turned around, I was still standing at the opening of the balcony, keeping my distance if need be, but he only looked up at me for a second before looking back down to the ground.

"Was this supposed to be some joke?" He questioned still leaning against the door with a hint of disgust in his voice as he spoke to me

"No, I told Ashton that I didn't want to see any of you guys tonight,"

"Well. The feelings are mutual," He stated

"I didn't mean it like that," I let out a step into the room, but it only made him back into the door even more, so I stopped

"But I meant it like that," He said simply finally taking the time to look at me.

Even like this, even when he was absolutely fucking angry at me, looking at him made me want to fall right in his arms like it used to be. His blue eyes glared right at me and I couldn't handle holding everything in anymore. He was this new person, he's moved on, he's not the same guy he was months before, he's not hurt anymore, he's furious and it was all directed towards me. I did this to him, it was my fault. I let a tear fall and that was followed by so many others after, all I could see was the hate he held towards me, and I couldn't maintain my composure in front of him.