Chapter Fifty-One

Josie's P.O.V.

I didn't need to persuade Luke into letting me do this, he knew almost immediately that I'd need to get this whole confrontation out of the way before anything else so he offered to be there with me. Assuming that the two were at the hotel, that was the first place we went to. I knocked on Calum's door first as Luke went to Michael's just another door down.

The door wasn't even opened when I heard a rough and stern "Go away," coming from the other side of the frame seeming as Calum had already saw me before hand through the peep hole.

"Calum," I voiced knocking once more but hearing nothing in return

"I need to talk to you," I continued

It wasn't a minute later when I heard another door opening in front of Luke and seeing Michael's head pop out just slightly to look at me before going back in and slamming the door, but not before Luke caught it with his foot keeping it from closing. Walking over I could see the physical struggle between the two as Michael tried to force it shut, but Luke made it impossible for him to close. Giving up, Mike let the door open seeing as there was no other option.

"What is she doing here?" He asked Luke completely avoiding my gaze as he glared at the blonde

"Can we just talk? Please?" I pleaded

This was the first time that I had experienced either of them being intentionally hostile towards me directly. Sure we used to play jokes with each other before, but I could feel the anger they held towards me. It didn't make me as feel as bad as when I first spoke to Luke, but it still hurt nonetheless.

"Again. What is she doing here?" Michael asked Luke once more ignoring me completely

"I know you're mad at me but just hear me out," I began, but that seemed to strike a chord in him

"Hear you out? Did you not get the calls, the messages after you did what you did? We tried so hard to reach you, to try and figure out what had happened, but we got nothing!" He snapped raising his voice until Luke got a little protective and stepped in front of me as a silent warning to Michael to watch himself

"Oh, so you two are together again? She screwed you over, Luke, she screwed all of us over. You'd be a dumbass to go back to her," Michael scoffed

This time Luke was the angry one. I saw him take another step forward almost ready to push Michael, but I stopped him by placing my hand on his forearm trying to get him to relax. A stumble behind us made me turn around to finally lock eyes with Calum who was standing by the open door.

"Really? You're going to choose her over your best mate? You're actually going to defend her?" Calum started out before walking towards us

"Can everyone just get out of my fucking room?" Michael groaned frustratingly

I had even realized how tight my grip on Luke's arm was once the anxiety from all the tension in this room begun to get the best of me. Calum continued his rant to Luke, reminding him of everything that I had done and what I made the entire band go through and even though Luke's opinions on me remained unphased by what Calum was spitting, I couldn't bare to hear it anymore. By now, Luke was yelling back at Calum, even at Michael for his few snarky comments about me, and I just needed everything to stop.

"I didn't want to do it!" I yelled over all three of them making the room silent. I let go of Luke trying to enable myself to stand on my own as I tried to breath.

"Kate was going to blackmail all of you if I didn't follow through with the contract. I wanted to talk to you guys, I wanted to explain everything, but I couldn't, I- I really just fucking couldn't," I exasperated finally feeling my lungs clear out.

"This is just another publicity stunt," Calum hesitated for a second before letting out. I didn't know how either of them felt about the situation because they all had different expressions on their faces. Michael was sitting at the end of his bed with a confused look on his face while Calum tried his best to wrap his head around what I had said but still kept a guard up.

"Is it? Josie- is this another publicity stunt? Don't lie to us again... Please," Michael said finally looking up at me with wide eyes as if he was afraid. I hadn't even realized how bad I impacted them all from what I did. We were a tight knit group before and I seemed to ruin everything from that one single night. They were afraid to trust me, even Luke was. I could tell by the way his blue eyes watched for my response, almost as if he himself needed clarification for my motives.

"I swear to all of you that it's not. I know that what I did was horrible, and I'm so sorry that I did it, but I didn't want to ruin everything you guys worked for, " I let out

"Ashton knew, didn't he? That's why he locked Luke in there with you," Calum said finally getting a grip around the entire situation as I nodded

"And you told him before you told me?" Michael cut in as I turned my head to look at him. He let out a slightly disappointed tone of voice, but he wasn't being serious. He stood up from his bed, walking towards me and wrapping his arms around me. For once this morning, I felt so fucking relieved. I could feel my eyes watering in his embrace, and the second I let go, I felt another pair of arms being held tightly around me and the familiar husky cologne scent of Calum behind me.

This time I was actually crying. Not sobbing, but happy tears still managed to slip out.

"I'm sorry for every fucked up thing I ever said about you for the past few months," Michael apologized as Calum still kept himself tightly wounded around me. I rested my hands on his forearms feeling him rest his much taller head on top of mine.

"I am too, but in our defense, you did make us believe you were an asshole," Calum admitted making me let out a dry laugh

Once Cal let go, I could feel Luke snake his arm around my waist and I couldn't felt more relieved about everything in front of me. Maybe it's too soon for me to think this, but everything feels like it's falling into place again.