Chapter Thirty-Two

Luke’s P.O.V.
I could feel my brain pounding against my head by the time I saw light through my eyes. This had been a familiar feeling for me lately. Getting drunk seemed like the only thing that took me out of this world for a while, but the aftermath was always just as awful.

The last thing I remember before knocking out was seeing Calum next to me in the van as we were driving back home. I didn’t want to go home, but they pulled me out of the club and I was too tipsy to protest.

Hearing a loud knock on my door made my head feel even worse as I let out an alcohol stenched groan into my pillow.

"Tell me you have an aspirin," I mumbled still burying my face into the soft fabric of my cushion hoping for anything that would make the pain go away

"Sorry pretty boy, I came empty handed," I heard a voice say

It was so familiar. So nostalgic. I knew who it was, simply by the nickname she used even though the sound of her voice was slowly fading away from my memory.

I lifted my head up to face the direction of her and watched as Josie made her way towards my bed.

"Hey," she smiled weakly taking a seat on my bed

I didn’t know what was happening. I don’t even know how she got inside our house for gods sake because I knew that all of the guys held some sort of dislike against her now, but suddenly all my anger towards her was leaving my body. I just wanted to be happy with her like it used to be. I didn’t even care about what she did. Even if it was for just this moment.

She sat in front of me as I sat up against my bed frame letting the light that shine in from behind her and reflect onto her as if she was sent to me for some heavenly reason.

"I missed you too much," she cracked out a little laugh as I saw her eyes water

"I missed you too. I still do," I finally admitted taking my thumb to wipe the fallen tear from her eyes as she held my hand to her face

The feeling of her skin against mine gave me goosebumps as I held her face in my hands. For once, everything felt like it was back in it’s place again. The guys have been trying to get me to surrender to my emotions for weeks now, but I wouldn’t budge. Even Julia attempted to, but I never let myself break in front of them. It only took Josie to completely destroy that wall I had, and it was all against her.

"I’m so sorry for what I did," she said quietly placing her lips on my hand as I pulled her into my chest

Her scent alone intoxicated me more than the alcohol ever did. I missed her so fucking much. The feel of her face buried into my neck. Her small hands wrapped around my body tightly as I did the same. If I could, I would never let go.

"Why did you do it though?" I asked in almost a whisper

The desire to know the answer to that question had been eating me out since the day I left her. Why? We were doing so well before. We were talking about the future, even though it was just silly jokes. I felt something between us. I thought the connection was so real. Like love could actually exist in my world.

"Because-" she sighed

But before that question was answered a loud ring rang through my mind. Making me cringe and open my eyes to a different setting.

There was no longer light shining through the window, for fucks sake, the sun wasn’t even up yet. The moon was still as bright as it was when the guys, Julia, and I were out. And worst of all. I was alone. Completely alone.

Dreams can fuck you up bad, can’t they?

I could feel my pulse racing so fast mixed with both the excitement and anger from seeing her even if it was just through my imagination. She was about to answer my question too. It was through a dream but at least the dream version of her would’ve gave me something the real her never did, some type of closure. I just needed something to justify what she did to me. Why she played with my feelings. God even dream her knew how to fuck with my emotions.