Chapter Fourty-Six

Josie's P.O.V.

Ashton went back into the party promising that he'd find me to say goodbye later before he left and he swore that he wouldn't tell the rest of the guys. Telling him tonight was stressful enough, I don't know what would happened if all three of them were dropped this type of bomb especially on a happy night like this. I cant even imagine what Luke's reaction would be, he probably still won't forgive me either way and I would do anything to not have to endure that in person, at least not right now.

I found myself heading back out into the balcony feeling myself becoming overwhelmed with everything that happened. I never thought I'd even have the chance to talk to one of them, but now I felt so relieved to know that Ashton knew the entire truth because even though it is probably so naive of me to think this, but maybe, just maybe, I'm getting back to the person I always wanted to be, someone who wasn't buried in a load of bullshit on top of bullshit in the industry, I just wanted to be myself, completely and entirely myself both in my private life and in the public eye.

This was just the first step.

Luke's P.O.V.

After Ashton and Julia left to get the drinks, people began crowding outside around the open stage in the backyard, so we followed to see what was going on. Seeing Alex and Lisa stepping up the stage prompted the guests including us to cheer for the couple.

"Hey guys. We just wanted to thank everyone for being here to celebrate today with us," Alex spoke up into the mic

"And, I know it's not usual for a husband to give his wife a wedding present on the day of the wedding, but I wrote this song with the help of a really good friend, and I really wanted to share with you today, Lisa," He continued before being handed a guitar and taking a seat next to Lisa center stage

Once he began strumming, everyone remained quiet focusing on the two people up on stage right now. I was expecting the song to be beautiful, of course it was going to be beautiful, Alex wrote it for the love of his life. But the lyrics made me feel something in myself, it wasn't just happiness for the newly wedded couple, it was mixed with a bit of hurt too. I didn't know why. All the lyrics just seemed to hit me right at home. It wasn't until the chorus, that I realized how too familiar it all was.

"Smile for the cameras, Princess, all their eyes are on us. Even in a crowded room everything seems to freeze when I'm with you. Finally realizing that you're everything and all I'll ever need. Maybe one day you'll hear these words and say the same things to me." Alex sang

The first lines. The first lines alone were enough for me to figure out who it was who helped write the song with him. Those words were the same exact ones that I'd tell herwhenever she needed to hear it.

As he continued singing the song, I found myself closing my eyes picturing her writing these lyrics down in the journal that she always had with her. She gave me permission to read this personal book of hers, but I don't know how I never came across this song. once the thought of her began embedding into my head, I didn't even realize that the song ended. It was back to her, thoughts of her, the thought of our past together, the thought of us.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Don't go back to that, Luke. Don't go back to her. you've come so fucking far. I forced myself to shut it out. I took in a breath and opened my eyes, but she was still there.

"I'm gonna get a drink, Ash and Julia are taking too long," I told Cal and Mike leaving without giving them time to respond

She fucked you over. She hurt you. Don't go running back to her, Luke. God fucking damn it. Don't do it.

Julia's P.O.V.
The second Ashton came rushing out of the room, his eyes searched for me signaling for me to follow him back down the stairs as he continued speeding and weaving through party goers, but I could barely keep up at his pace.

"Slow down! What happened!" I reached out for him gripping onto his arm so I wouldn't lose him in another sea of people, although we had just had that screaming match, he let me hold onto his hand as I followed him through the crowd.

"You told me that I didn't need to know everything didn't you? So you don't need to know everything either," he retorted knowing it would push my buttons

"At least tell me where we're going then," I argued tugging on his hand to make him stop but he frustratingly kept going, dragging me along with him.

"We have to find the rest of the guys," was all he said until he spotted Michael's colorful head of hair sticking out amongst the crowd in the backyard. But as we walked closer and closer, there were only two of them, Luke was missing and by Ashton's reaction I'm guessing he was the main piece to whatever puzzle Ashton had in his mind.

"Where's Luke?" He questioned Cal and Mike as they shrugged in response

"He left a few minutes ago after Alex's song ended, said he needed to get a drink," Calum replied

"So he went back upstairs?" Ashton questioned

"You mean we have to make another run upstairs?" I asked slightly out of breath at Ashton's speed walk down here

"No, all four of us have to," He answered

"What? Why?" Michael asked

"We just... we gotta find him," He spoke before we started heading towards the second floor. When we reached the bottom of the staircase, it became evident that Cal spotted Luke once he began calling out his name, but he ignored Calum's voice as he continued to step up the stairs. Ashton began running, pulling me along with him as well and beat Luke to the top.

"I need to be alone right now, Ash," Luke muttered not making eye contact with either one of us as he began walking down the hallway towards the bar

"That's fine dude, take all the time you need, but the bar is right here," Ashton spoke up to him kindly before opening one of the doors in the hallway, specifically, the room that he had pulled me into before.

Luke looked through the door and from the sight of it, it was just another bedroom so he knew that it wasn't the bar, he was about to walk away unamused by Ashton's supposed joke, but before he could, Ash pushed him inside and slammed the door shut, locking Luke in.

"Get a chair," Ashton demanded once Calum and Michael reached the top of the steps and spotted the two of us

"Ashton what the hell!" I could hear Luke yell from the opposite side of the door as Calum brought over a chair

"Open the fucking door!" He banged against it as Ashton quickly propped the chair up against the door knob to make it impossible for Luke to open

"Why are we doing this?" Michael questioned as the three of us all stared at Ashton in confusion. From an outside perspective, this would seem like a joke that was taken way too far, but we knew Ashton so there had to be a different objective to this whole thing.

"She's in there," He said

"She?" Calum questioned

"Josie."