Spot the Odd One Out

Dream team x Bad; Hero & Villain AUs

:3 Happy Birthday to whoever's bday it is today! (me, and yes, I'm being a brat, sorry.)

~

Ever since high school, Nick had been the one to propose the idea of the three of them being a squad of vigilantes. Being a fan of superheroes and such. George has always been supportive of him, always thinking that the young man would grow out of his fanboy phase... That was until Clay actually made a plan for it to happen.

So, throughout College, after the three of them has become a poly relationship, began making their own research and ways of making it work.

And once they've graduate? It was the very first thing they did together. And during their successful first day of being a couple of vigilantes, is when they met Darryl.

"And that's the plan?"

George asked one last time, trying to make sense of what they had just brainstormed about. Clay nodded his head, tapping one last time at the map of the city's sewer system. "Yep." He replied popping the P. "It's the most suitable route we could take after all."

George ran a hand through his hair, nodding in understanding. He then glanced over to their other boyfriend, Nick, who's in charge of keeping an eye on the clock. "Nick?" Clay called out, checking in. 

Nick hummed, eyes glancing at the numbers. "We got eight minutes left to spare until Darryl comes home~" He chimed in a sing-songy tune.

That was great. At least it wouldn't be like the last time where Darryl walked in on them brewing up a plan to capture an illegal drug trading by the city's borders.

Clay could still remember all of them trying to make up a lie about why they had a map and charts laid out on the table. George swore their cover should have been blown by then, thank goodness for the brunette's gullible personality, they were able to pass through their boyfriend's suspicion.

Don't get them wrong, the three feels extremely guilty for lying in front of their lover's face in almost every day ever since they've included him in their poly relationship.

But what else could they have done? They all know that telling Darryl would most likely lead him to danger, after all, any desperate villains would get as much leverage they could find against the heroes for blackmail. It was already dangerous enough for Darryl ever since the three fell in love for the said man. Now all they could do was pray that the enemies wouldn't be able to notice. They were too selfish to stop themselves.

They would literally hate themselves if they ever got Darryl caught up in their line of work. George will break down, Sapnap will go on a rampage, and Clay might just declare war.

The front door of their apartment opened and by this point, the three had already managed to clear out any suspicious rising item they could find. The number of mags? Kept safe in a box. Pictures of illegal drugs? swiped beneath a hidden drawer. Profiles of potential suspects? All clear.

"Guuys?" It was the familiar, gentle voice they've fallen in love for. The trio simultaneously walked out of the office, heading straight to the living room to greet their shortest lover. 

Darryl, who was carrying four groceries at the same time, pushed open the front door with a beaming face upon facing the three men. "Hi- wait- no, I can- stop!"

The brunette protested but Nick had already taken two of the bags of his right hand and George followed a suit, taking one off the left but not before giving a quick peck against his cheek and leaving the last bag to the blonde.