Past

Author's Point Of View~

3 years ago,

The King sat there on the garden grass with his love unconscious in his arms. After he compelled her, he finally broke down. The pent up, overwhelmed sadness has finally struck him. Trying harder to keep the tears in as he never felt that much weakness in his life. It felt like he was losing someone dear to him yet again.

And, he actually was.

Rose. His mate.

The air around them hugged their bodies as the King stared at Rose's moonlight illuminated face. Her hair became messy due to the windy atmosphere. Gently, he tuck the strands of hair behind her ear. It physically pained him inside, at how beautiful she was looking. Peaceful.

It painted him because he will never see her again. Maybe in the future when the time is right. But, chances are too little for that to happen. It was quite hard.

He was born Vampire. So he never thought of being a human. But, at that moment, deep inside he was thinking,

'How it would be like if he was a human? He could have lived happily with Rose. There would be no dangers of a bloodthirsty vampire following them '

But it was impossible. He hated it. He hated his immortality.

Slowly and gently, he began to trace his thumb and index finger along with the outline of her face. Eyes, brows, lips to her jawline, as if he wanted to remember every inch of her face when she will be finally gone for good. Lips... He would never forget their first kiss.

He smiled a little at the memory, happened just a moment ago.

His eyes held all of that adoration and admiration for her the entire time..
Something that Rose always wanted to see in his eyes whenever he would look at her.

And now, it was the dreadful time...to let her go. .

Taehyung, felt his sister Eleanor's presence coming near him who was waiting outside of the garden all that time to give him some time alone with Rose, urging him believe, it was time to let her go.

Placing a soft chaste kiss on her forehead, he stood up with her in his arms.

~~~

Everything went as planned.

The King watched as Rose was being taken to an ambulance by a medical person along with her mother, who was crying hysterically. Seeing Rose's mother like that slightly pained him but he didn't have another choice at the time of their first encounter.

His eyes flickered to Rose, who was visibly confused and in pain. She was also shaking from the cold outside. Then...he was hurt again. Seeing his mate suffering just because of him, tore him inside. But yet again, he had no choice but to let her go like that. Only for her own safety.

Then Suddenly Rose Saw him, standing there right beside a big oak tree.

Taehyung didn't expect that as he was still quite far away to notice. But Rose stared at him as if she still knew him. It frightened him inside. He wanted to hide and go away. But to him, Rose's eyes were like magnets, making it hard for him to break the eye contact. He is weak against his mate after all. It felt like there was nothing else around them.

He was selfish enough to think, 'please remember me'

But her figure got replaced by her mother's back as she sat in front of Rose's vision.

And, just like that, the two came back on earth.

After a few moments, he still stood there by that tree and watched the humans along with his mate, drive away. His heart ached and felt heavy. The urge to let out the emotions was coming back at him.

He just watched his mate went away from him...

And the possibility of them seeing each other again was very little.

But he was a King of a mighty Kingdom. He can't show any emotions to anyone! He had to be strong.

'But...how?'

Standing there a couple of more minutes, with his head still hung low as he was collecting himself back together into a piece. He then turned around and was going for his horse to ride and immediately go the castle.

All those time, Jungkook was there, witnessing everything Taehyung was doing and was waiting for him by his own horse.

He was disheartened too by all the events that occurred.

Taehyung was about to hop on Forest when,

"T-Tae..."

Taehyung stopped his movements. But didn't look back at Jungkook. He didn't have the energy to yell at him for calling him by that nickname again. He just waited there with his back to Jungkook's direction.

Jungkook sighed sadly.

"I don't know how much it actually hurts when a vampire lose his mate, as I don't have mine...yet. I don't know the depth of it. But I still want you to know that all of us are always here for you. We will do whatever it takes to bring her back."

Jungkook said confidently, as he continued,

"I will guard her with my own life. I've already promised it to her. I won't let anything happen to her Tae. She's my another sister after all."

Jungkook was slightly smiling as he finished. He was trying to stay as positive as he could. And he wanted Taehyung to do the same thing. Though it's so hard to smile heartily in that situation.

Moments passed,

Taehyung slightly looked at his side and finally turned around to face Jungkook.

Face void of any emotions, but both of them knew that Taehyung was beyond hurt. With his eyes piercing through Jungkook's head,

"Don't you dare break your promise to her"

Taehyung said that in intimidatingly deep voice, to which anyone would have quivered in fear. Then there's Jungkook, who just laughed at his brother's attempt to intimidate him.

"You don't have to worry about a thing. I can guard her without being noticed by those Vantenian spies. I know you can't leave the Kingdom to go and see her even from far away. It will only bring suspicion. I travel often, so they won't suspect me"

Taehyung nodded softly, seemingly touched by jungkook's brotherly protectiveness towards Rose and Him. Taehyung knew that Jungkook was always like that. But in that situation, where they were standing, it felt so endearing than ever.

Taehyung stepped forward towards Jungkook and hugged him as a 'Thank you'

Jungkook laughed and hugged him back tightly in a reassuring manner
He was seeing his "oh so intimidating brother" being soft after all.

"Yo Tae! When was the last time we bro hugged? Hmm....maybe 100years ago kkkkk"

Taehyung immediately broke the hug, giving him disapproval look, he went to his horse.

Author's Note:

Hey.. I'm finally here. I'm sorry it's been too long. But i have gone missing for a valid reason. I will tell you all in the end of story.

I'm not ready to tell it, yet.

I hope you guys understood me.

Thank you and enjoy ❤️💜