The one that never left

"Jermey." i called after him as he sat at my desk in my room.

"Yeah?" he smiled over to me past his shoulder.

"We've been best friends for years now, right?" i asked already knowing the answer but just wanting to make sure. Me and Jeremy were 14 now and we grew up together when were both practically in dippers.

He just nodded and laughed as he completely turned in his seat. "I should hope so. My mom considers you hers." he laughed. I smiled and looked back at my book before looking back up at him.

"Do you know what love feels like?" i randomly asked. I didn't want to seem weird, i just never knew what love felt like unless you were family. He gave me a look and i quickly tried to clarify. "I mean... have you ever loved someone like old couples love each other?" i asked.

"Uhh..." he let out as he crossed his arms. "No." he quietly said. I saw a look of hesitation in his eyes and i wondered what it was about.

"You hesitated." i pointed at him. He stuttered trying to say that he didn't but he knew he did. "Yes you did! Now you know what happens." i laughed. I stood up and walked over to open my closet door. On it was a tally chart on how many times Jermey hesitates when i ask an important question. It seems weird but it was our thing.

"Dang it! I hate this." he said as he put a tally on the board. I smiled at him as i saw the frustration in his eyes.

"Ha!" i said. Our faces were a few inches for only a few seconds and that was more than enough time for him to grab me by the waist and kiss me. I was taken back as i never knew for him to be so passionate and real.

Now don't get me wrong. I liked the kiss. It was sweet. But i liked him way more and i didn't know if he kissed me out of randomness or how he felt. Before i was gonna finally kiss back he pulled away and a look of shame fell over him. "I'm sorry." he quickly yelled. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that!" he said walking away from me and to the other side of the room.

I just stood there not knowing what to say. "Jeremy..." i began to say. My fingers unknowingly touched my lips and i wanted nothing more than to make him feel better and get past the situation. "It's okay." i spoke softly. "It... It wasn't you're fault." i said taking a few steps closer to him.

"No, it is! I'm sorry. I jus- - I have this stupid crush on you. And i know it's wrong because we've known each other for almost all of our lives and i just kissed you." he said. He constantly blamed himself but i stopped listening once he told me how he felt.

"You like me?" i whispered loud enough for him to hear me.

"Yeah. Who wouldn't?" he smiled rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled at him and before i could say anything else, my mom called him downstairs saying his mom was ready.

"I gotta go." he said. He quickly grabbed his bag by the door and left. I watched from my window as his mom drove off and all i wanted to do was chase the car. It seems cliche but whatever.

21 years later

I sat on set of a new musical and no one told me who my love interest would be so i was left confused as to who he was. My leg sat up on my other bouncing as i waited for the guy to get here. My short hair constantly got in my face so i pulled it into a high ponytail as the rest of my hair hung lose.

"Excuse me, are you - Y/N?" the guy asked tapping my shoulder. I smiled to myself as i randomly thought he sounded cute. Once i turned around i saw a very familiar face.

"Yes that- -I'm sorry. You look super familiar." i said tapping my chin as stood up and leaned onto one foot. The nose seemed oddly noticeable, the lips did too. Once i looked into his eyes i recognized almost immediately. My eyes widened and he just smiled at me. "Jeremy?" i almost whispered as my hand covered my mouth.

"In the flesh." he laughed. Out of impulse i brought him into a hug. This hug felt different considering we both grew in height but now we're almost the same height. His arms rest around my waist as mine rested on his neck. "Hey, Y/N." he mumbled into my shoulder.

"Oh, my god." i said as we pulled away. "I can't believe this!" i laughed as i lightly pushed his chest. Surprisingly his hands stayed glued to my waist.

"Hey, remember when i told you i had a crush on you when we were kids?" he asked now bringing me back to him. My heartbeat quickened but i nodded. "I still got it." he said quiet enough for me to hear. "Always have." he said.

"Oh?" i questioned. I saw him lean in but i wanted to mess with him a bit. I placed my index finger on his lips and managed to get out of his grip. "Uh-uh. Save that for the show, silly." i smirked as i walked away. This was the first time i had ever been flirty towards him.

I was not gonna waist it.

~~~~~~~~~

Hi! i know this seems weird but i just wanted to post something before i went to sleep. Night-night ✨☁️💫

Winn Schott & Jeremy Jordan imagines On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara