The Call

"Okay, wait! Are you mental?!" my friend yells, quickly being 'shhh'ed by my other friend by my right side. "Sorry." they say feeling embarrassed as i practically hide behind my menu to laugh. "Okay.. Okay. So you're telling me... that you think milk goes before cereal?!" they say now whispering.

"I mean no.. but.. well yeah." my friend to my right says lightly laughing taking a bit of the others cookie.

"You absolutely terrify me, you know?" they say.

"Well, hey. Am i the only one who puts the bowl last?" i ask joking drinking another sip of my drink. I look at both of their faces as their mouths gap open in shock. I just simply smile and hum and go back to my phone.

I must have been on it for a while because i quickly hear, "Dude! You ready?" from my friends as they're already standing with their bags ready to go back to the studio. "Oh, sorry. Yeah." i say grabbing my backpack and tossing my empty cup away and head out with them as well.

"What is up with you dude? Are you still waiting for that call from that silly little audition for Disney?" they ask referring to the audition i did for the new broadway musical of Newsies.

It had been a whole week since i did it by myself and they said they'd call me by sometime this week if i was a good fit so far, but i didn't do as good as i thought i would personally. "Yeah.." i say almost ashamed.

I feel a large hand fall to my head and rub my scalp a bit harshly. "Come on man. Don't bully our little pumpkin." my much taller friend, Dusk, says as they bring me into a headlock and rub my head with their knuckles. I scream as their messing up my hair and try to pry their big arms off of me but suddenly my legs are off the ground and i'm being carried by both of my friends. The slightly smaller one, Beats, says something i can't hear and they start to run.

"Ah! Stop!" i laugh as they finally come to a stop at the studio. As they set me down i get a glimpse of myself in the window and smack them both as hard as i can but their muscles prevent any real harm. "Great. I look like Beats mom before she met your dad." i say jokingly.

"Dude. You know she didn't know about makeup at that time." they say faking being saddened. They fix my hair for me and lead us all into the big white building. "Ugh.. I wonder who's gonna be on today." Beats says throwing his bag over his one shoulder after we all put our crew jackets on.

"I heard some famous dude, a child who just got the lottery, and another dog." Dusk says annoyed grabbing their and my bags. "I'm honestly tired of all the dogs that come to this show." they say waiting for me.

"Well i just hope i get my call in between the breaks. Remember what happened last time?" i say fixing my hair one last time before walking with them each on my side.

"I wasn't here all last week. What happened?" Beats asks surprised looking down at me.

"Oh, well Y/N's neighbor called to ask them about something random and it was in the middle of a kid saying how they're depressed and feel as though when their mom found them their life changed." Dusk says filling them in as we all walk in the elevator and ride up to our floor. "It was hilarious!" they laugh making us all laugh.

"Awe! I always miss the funny moments." Beats cries out. As we finally arrive to our floor we put our things away and get to our stations. I check my phone one last time to make sure i didn't get any missed calls even though my phone isn't on silent.

"Can we make sure we have our phone on silent this time, Grace?" my boss asks still getting my name wrong. I just smile and nod. As i'm about to silent my phone i feel a light tap on one of my shoulders. I turn to where i thought i got tapped to feel another tap on my other.