Secret Love Affair

As I sat at my desk basting my music through my earphones, I had no care in the world about what was happening. It had been a long day so the only logical thing to do was to block everything else out.

I heard faint voices however coming from behind me but i thought it was just the team coming up with a plan for a next attack. "Y/L/N!" I quickly took my earphones out of my ears and paused my music as quick as I could fumbling as I tried to hold my phone.

"Hi." i said softly when i was finally standing up facing Alex.

"What we're you doing?" she asked in her sternest voice. I glanced at everyone around the room as some eyes were on me and others were looking else where.

"I- Uh... Sorry. I was just listening to music." i said. I had just gotten to be in the DEO a few months ago and i still had some things to learn. The first one being that if Alex calls you by your last name and last name only means you have a very long way to go to being "friends".

"Oh so you just think that all the attacks in National City are - what? - a waste of time?" she questioned me.

"No. No ma'am. I just - " i began.

"You better get your act together soon Y/L/N. Or else you're out." she said to me as she pointed her finger in my face. I just nodded my head and she walked over to the other side of the desk. I felt everyone's eyes on me go to Alex except one.

I looked up to see Winn looking at me. I immediately got butterflies in my stomach as we locked eyes.

"Is there something you'd like to say?" Alex asked thinking j was looking at her.

"Wh- no! No, i just... I was looking at the..tv. Sorry." i apologized letting her continue. As she continued speaking I went back to doing my actual work and tried to find answers to all of the attacks. Once she was done with her speech and everyone went back to their desks, i went to the training room - with permission from Alex obviously - and decided to work a sweat to help me think.

I was 20 minutes into my workout when i heard the door open. I stoped the punching bag and held it and looked to see Winn in the doorway. "Hey, can i get your opinion on these blueprints?" he asked holding a tablet with his hand on the open door.

"Sure. Let me see 'em." i told him as i unwrapped both of the boxing mitts from my hands. When he shut the door and walked over to me i grabbed my bottle of water and grabbed the tablet. As i scanned the blueprints my music played in the background.

"What the name of this song?" Winn awkwardly asked me. I squinted my eyes for a second until knowing the answer.

"Uh... I believe 'Can You Feel My Heart' by Bring Me The Horizon. Good song." i said. I placed my water down on the floor and leaned on one foot now.

"Cool." he said. There was a few seconds of tense silence before he spoke again. "You know she's just prepping you for the job right? Alex." he said.

"Yeah well i'm prepping her for me." i said handing him the tablet. "That made no sense but neither does your blueprints." i said. Before i could walk to put on my boxing mitts again i felt Winn's hand grab my wrist gently.

He didn't say anything. He just stared in my eyes. "I -" he started. All of a sudden he grabbed me by my waist and pressed our lips together. It took me by surprise but i eventually laid my arms around his neck as i kissed him back. "I have been meaning to do that all day." he smiled pulling away from the kiss. I laughed as he kissed my neck.

"Winn!" i softly yelled trying to pry myself out of his grasp. "What if someone walks in?" j asked making him look me in my eyes.

"Well let them." he whined resting his chin on my shoulder and bringing me in a hug wrapping my arms around his neck. "I missed you." he said.