The Princess

"My word! How are you not dressed yet, love?" the king asked. The young princess turned to her father with a shocked expression as she still had her night gown on. She had been admiring the dress her father bought her that she would soon have to wear for when she is crowned as the queen of her home.

She lives on a small island that her family discovered and the people adored her family so when she was neón everyone expected her to want to be the queen.

"I'm sorry father. It's just... I don't think i can do this." she said walking over to her bedside. She looked at her feet as her father walked near her.

"Y/N Y/L/N. You are the daughter of the king who has ran this place for more years than you were even thought of." he said placing a hand on her shoulder. "The queens and kings before us made it their duty to serve this island and protect it from harm. As i and your mother - bless her soul - have done for you and our people you must do the same." he explained as he walked to her dress. "You must also find you a good husband to take care of." he said straightening all the ruffles out.

"Father.." the girl let out sitting on the bench right by her window. Her father let out a small laugh and smiled to himself.

"You know..i remember the first time i met your mother." he began getting her attention. "It was the latest of nights and she had just come from church. You remember how religious she was?" he asked her. She nodded remember her mother's joy as she read her bible. "Well..i had just been on my way to go home when it randomly started to rain like cats and dogs. You could hardly see. As i'm running home to get out of the rain..i run into the most beautiful young lady who looked around my age. Her eyes were very captivating. I practically stumbled over my words just trying to say hello to her. Well..i walk her home and..that's when your mother asked me on a date." he smiled to himself.

"Wait! Mother asked you on a date?" the girl asked in shock. "But she seemed so shy and timid." she said.

"Yeah well she was a real odd one, your mother. But that's what i loved about her. She wasn't afraid of anything. And neither should you be." he said as he stood up. "You are your mothers daughter after all. It's in your blood" he smiled. He walked to the door but stopped short seeing her crown in his side view. "And please don't forget your crown, love." he said and walked out the room.

The girl stood up and walked to her full body mirror examining her body and every flaw she could point out. Next to the mirror she saw a picture of her mother when she was younger. She almost looked just like her. She decided it was time to just get everything over so as soon as she was done putting on her dress she called in her bodyguard/stylist in. "Gertrude!" she called in from the washroom.

"Yes, m'lady?" Gertrude asked walking into the bedroom. As soon as the princess walked out the washroom Gertrude had flashes of memories of the past queen, her best friend, in the exact same dress. It was long and pale as it had gold designs from the bottom going up and from the top going down. Her smile grew wider as she continued to look at the young lady.

"Does it look okay?" she asked concerned about how she looked. She barely moved out of fear that she would fall from wearing her heels.

"You look just like your mother, darling." Gertrude smiled as a tear sipped out. Y/N thanked her and sat in her chair in front of her small mirror. "Right. How should your makeup be?" she asked walking behind Y/N to move her dress enough.

"Uh...super natural." she said. "And i would like my hair to be in the style you would like. I'm too tired to pick." she said continued to loom in the mirror.

Gertrude faintly smiled at the girl and went to do her job. As she did the princesses makeup and hair she couldn't help but compliment her. "You look just like your mother, you know?" she said.