Chapter forty-eight

————-
Don't forget to vote and comment!
————————-

Shannon hasn't spoken to me now for three days. Alexis and Dante said they've been trying to call her, but she won't pick up. Yes, I do feel like shit for forcing this whole thing on her but Alexis doesn't, she's ecstatic. I asked Dante is their mother really that bad, he said he couldn't answer that. He said there wouldn't be an accurate description to describe the monstrosity their mother is towards Shannon.

Dante is a little upset with Alexis for making Shannon go through with this, but for some reason Alexis isn't seeing the big deal. Only thing that me and Dante can do is just pray that shit doesn't blow up.

Right now I'm driving us in our rental car to her mother and step father's house in Maine. So far Shannon hasn't said a word, just has her all black sunglasses on and her AirPods in her ear. Judging by how her head is shifted I'm guessing she's looking out the window. Story is in the back on my phone watching Netflix, occasionally giggling here and there.

Following the directions in the GPS I see myself pulling up to a mansion, not judging or anything but Daniel's is bigger. Driving up the driveway I start to see a bunch of cars already here. I made sure to be fashionably late because I know how much Shannon usually likes to make an entrance. Finding a parking spot, I turn the car off.

Shannon takes off her seatbelt and Story does the same. I just sit here and pray a quick prayer before exiting the vehicle. By time I'm done Shannon and Story is already out the car waiting. Quickly getting out I make my way to them so we can go.

"Here you go daddy." Story says, handing me my phone.

"Thank you Princess." I say, taking it from her.

As we make our way up the steps, the front door opens for us to be met by Dante and Alexis. I hear Shannon take a deep breath in and mumble a few words, I think in Spanish.

"Oh! I'm so happy that you could make it!" Alexis cheers, happily while clapping her hands.

Shannon doesn't say anything.

"We're happy to be here." I say, giving a smile.

Alexis just squeals and brings Shannon into a hug. Shannon barely makes an effort to hug her, she just takes her free hand and pats Alexis back lightly.

"Hi auntie!" Story beams.

"Hey, baby." Alexis greets, breaking away from the hug.

"Are you excited to be a mommy?" Story asks.

"Oh, yes ma'am I am!" Alexis says, brightly.

Story just giggles.

"Alright, great, now that we got that out the way." Alexis says, turning her attention back to Shannon. "Since you're here don't fuck this up and ruin my day, okay." Alexis says, smiling brightly.

Did she!...

I look at Dante to see he's just as surprised. Looking at Shannon I can't see much of a reaction due to her sunglasses being on.

"Alexis!—" Dante starts, but is cut off.

Shannon stops Dante by putting up her black leathered gloved hand. When he shuts his mouth Shannon speaks.

"Yes ma'am." she says, in a low and calm voice.

Her voice sounded lifeless, it was still firm but it had no emotion behind it. Kind of reminds me of how a machine would talk.

"Great!" Alexis says. "Dante, honey close the door the winter air is getting in. Also help them with their coats." with that she kisses his cheek and walks away.