To Be Zero

"Is there any chance anyone else got out?" Yaoyaorozu asked. She didn't know what to do. Yeah, she could comfort someone if need be, but Todoroki just looked dead inside.

"I-I don't know. Maybe Tokoyami... yeah, yeah he could maybe fly out. I know he was looking for Hawks anyway." Todoroki responded. 

"Hey, hey man it's gonna be ok I promise." Kirishima said softly as he tried to make Todoroki fell better.

"It's--- it's not just that... it's well... I..." Todoroki looked down to the ground. "It had to be Hotaru's idea."

"What? No way! I know she's with them, but she wouldn't do that!" Kirishima tried to say. Almost trying to convince himself more than Todoroki.

"She's always studied police reports like their a bible. She didn't know, cause dad never cared to tell her, but she'd make the connection I know it. She's always been smarter- smarter than me. I- its just..." Todoroki stumbled over his words. "My sister. My twin sister is responsible. I can't-- it's just too much."

"Don't you worry Todoroki." Ashido said with a smile. "You dad, Aizawa sensei, Midoriya, Bakugou, they're all over at the hospital and they'll put a stop to this.

"Or the villains will put a stop to them" Todoroki replied softly.

"Nah man, they got this!" Kirishima said happily, swinging his arm over Todoroki's shoulder.

But perhaps it's time we return to the hospital shall we? 

Hotaru slowly came to. The doctor was nowhere to be seen (probably captured) so it was just her and Shigaraki in the middle of a wasteland. 

"Have we won?" 

"Not yet."

"Is he still here?"

"Yes."

Hotaru willed her muscles to stand and move knowing her father remained on the battlefield. 

"I wonder if the fireworks have gone off." 

"They should have. They'll know it was my idea too."

"Are you certain I can leave him to you?"

"I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I'm fine enough."

"What's the point of stopping him if you're out cold with a one-way ticket to a death sentence?"

"If that's what it takes I'm all in."

Shigaraki laughed to himself. He still had no idea of the scope of what had happened to Hotaru in her short life, but, if her resolve to end her father was any indicator, she might just have surpassed him in the 'I hate my family to the point of murdering them' category. 

"You don't have anyone on." (If u forgot shigaraki's hands are his 'family')

"I don't need them. Not anymore."

"STEP AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!" the voice of Endeavor could be heard across the deadened land. Shigaraki could also just barely make out the figure of Aizawa rising from the rubble accompanied by two others. 

"Well there's your prize." Shigaraki said as he watched the fiery mass draw closer.

"I've been practicing this one." Hotaru said as she tapped buttons on her speaker. "It's hard to sing it without breaking down, but I manage." Shigaraki turned to deal with any other living heroes as the two fire users stared each other down.

"Hotaru please. Please come home." Endeavor began.

"Why? Cause I'm hurting your reputation?" Hotaru spat back. "Speaking of which congrats on number one. Not like you earned it."