Fire on Fire

MANGA SPOILERS :) and DRAAAMMMMMAAAAA

"It is so unfair that Hotaru gets to see the Doctor while we're struggling to find him." Spinner complained. He was just about over with all of Shigaraki's shit.

"She's still got cybernetic damages from the Overhaul mess, and it's not like she actually knows where he is." Dabi shot back, who was completely done with everyone's shit. Planning the attack and dealing with Hawks was more than enough human interaction for him. Seemingly right on queue, Hotaru appeared in the room. She immediately curled up into a little ball an shivered.

"Well that was earlier than expected." Dabi said gingerly.

"H-he can't op-operate on me when I-I'm in heat." Hotaru said, struggling to form words.  

"Oh." was all Dabi said before picking his sister up and taking her to their shared room. Both slept on the floor, but Dabi was able to snag extra bedding from Toga for this kind of situation. Hotaru immediately curled up into the sheets, and calmed down a bit. She was quite good at handling her heat for an omega, being quite quiet and never begging for any kind of attention. Just then Dabi received a text from Hawks to go over the plans again. Dabi groaned at the idea, but left none the less.

Hawks met Dabi in the intended alleyway as normal, but as soon as the alpha turned the corner Hawks could smell a lovely scent on him. It was smoky, but no like a burn. Smoky like smores with burnt marshmallows in the center. So sweet yet hot and fiery. He inhaled it again, his instincts buzzing like crazy. Hawks had never had this problem before. He was a fated alpha, and only reacted to the scent of the omega he was linked to. It was quite beneficial for him, as many an omega had tried to... well you get the idea.

"Oi, birdbrain! You listening?" Hawks snapped out of his daze to see Dabi waving a hand in front of his face. "I said I'd give you more details tomorrow, alright?" 

"You smell weird." Hawks blurted out. He was still contemplating everything in his head, and some of the words entered his mouth.

"What'd you just say?" Dabi replied.

"You reek of an omega." Hawks responded. Dabi stopped dead in his tracks.

"I swear to god if you touch her I will burn you alive. Not nice and quick, no. It will be nice and slow. Forget you ever met with me tonight." Dabi said angrily, trying to walk away on for Hawks' feathers to block his exit.

"I'm not a normal alpha Dabi, and that isn't a normal omega either." Hawks said firmly. "Where are they." His instincts were going wild. Telling him to find the omega at all costs. However, Hawks snapped out of it when the air began to get so hot he could barely breath.

"Don't fucking touch her." Dabi said angrily, before walking off.

Meanwhile, Hotaru was beginning to calm down and reach a much more manageable relationship with her heat. The fact that she had no one to spend it with made her omega side wild and angry at her, but Hotaru had been blocking that part of her out for as long as she had remembered.

So, Hotaru did what she always did when confronted with emotions. She sang a song. (Sorry- Halsey)

Sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry that I can't believe that anybody ever really
Starts to fall in love with me
Sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry I could be so blind
Didn't mean to leave you
And all of the things that we had behind

Hotaru sighed as the song finished out slowly and steadily.

And someone will love you
Someone will love you
But someone isn't me
And someone will love you
Someone will love you
But someone isn't me

At least this person knew their love. Hotaru thought. She personally had never had much interest in romance, but her omega side was quite different. It craved the touch she was deprived of ever since her mother left, and Hotaru always denied it. It also had more animalistic sexual craving, which Hotaru simply couldn't understand. Hotaru was asexual, and never opted to go for toys or anything of the such during heats. Her omega would get a kick out of it, but Hotaru felt little to nothing, and was afraid if she let the omega take over completely.

Hotaru was pulled out of her thoughts as her omega spoke to her. It hadn't done that in years as she had completely shut it out. 

"They found you." It said happily. A warm feeling came over Hotaru. She suddenly didn't feel so alone. That's when Dabi burst through the door in an angry huff.

"You're not going to be a part of the attack anymore." he growled.

"Like hell! We've been working on this for weeks. No way I'm backing out now." Hotaru snarled back. 

"I don't fucking care! You're not going!" Dabi yelled back.

"I'll do whatever the hell I want! You don't own me!" Hotaru shot back. Her omega was cowering in fear, but Hotaru was ready to contest this to the bitter end.

"Make me repeat myself one more time I swe-" Dabi began to yell back but Hotaru cut him off.

"You'll do what? Hurt me? Lock me in my room? Try me! I dare you." Hotaru growled. Eyes formed into slits and teeth bared. "Why do you tell me this now?"

"Fine, but don't pull anything risky ok? I swear to god you're fucking annoying." Dabi sighed, flopping on the his 'bed' and rolling over to leave Hotaru in her thoughts.

Meanwhile, in a much nicer place and a much nicer bed, Hawks stared at the ceiling. He was gonna find his mate, and Dabi wasn't gonna stop him. 

Luckily for Hawks, he wasn't going to have to wait that long.