Red Handed

"I thought you said there were no patrols." the figure of Hawks said without turning around to face either Mirko or Endeavor.

"There weren't. I don't know why they're here. Hell maybe dad finally decided to come clean to someone." Hotaru replied, also not turning.

"Nah, that's not like him. Too much pride. If he's gonna give something up he's gonna have some shitty round about way of doing it." Hawks replied. Mirko noticed his wings tense up, preparing for flight.

"Hawks wait." Mirko pleaded with her friend.

"My name isn't Hawks."

In a flash of red the hybrid burst from the ground into the sky holding Hotaru tight around her waste as she wrapped he arms around his shoulders. Mirko looked up to see a ghost of the person she thought she knew. Same black and gold top. Same large pilot style pants. Same big fluffy jacket. But underneath the hero she knew was no where to be found. The person she'd gone with so many times to grab food after shifts. The one that had saved her ass as many times as she'd saved his. The guy that loved his fans and gave everyone smiles.   

That person was gone.

The black and gold was stained with red. The pants were ripped and dirty. The jacket was falling apart. So much the same. So much different. It was terrifying staring into the ocher depths that once brought so many hope. Now to see only a cold and angry glare. The messily swept back hair was no longer charming but instead a testament to the difficulties of living on the run.

"My name is Keigo Takami." 

He was right. This wasn't Hawks. This was the person who lay beneath that. Keigo Takami. Mirko didn't know Kiego Takami, but he scared her. 

"Please Ha- Keigo just come down here. Can we just talk. Lets just talk. I'm sure there's a reason and that it'll all be-" Mirko began.

"Yeah there's a reason alright. And it's burning up right now behind us." Keigo said.

"Damn you really got the cold hearted killer thing down." Hotaru cut the tension. "Ya look in the mirror and practice every morning? Come on tell me you do."

"Nah, I just think it come naturally to me." Keigo cracked a warm smile to his omega who he held tightly against him.

"Hmmmm I'd say so." Hotaru licked her lip before pulling into a quick but sweet kiss.

"Hotaru get down here now." Endeavor growled at the sight.

"Hn, I think not. I'd rather stay with alpha." Hotaru's eyes gleamed as her omega side came to the front. "But regardless I stopped taking orders from you a while ago." 

Mirko snapped, jumping up towards Keigo. She'd have enough of this small talk. She was gonna knock some sense into him whether he liked it or not.

"Too slow." was all the winged man gave her as he slipped out of the way with ease before flying off into the night. 

Sorry this is kinda short but I've had work all week and I'm dying.