The Sports Festival

Dabi sat down by his computer. He was back at his home with Toga, who was going on about some guy she killed. The computer was streaming the UA sports festival. Needless to say, he was excited. Watching his younger brother and sister would be interesting. Shoto was naturally gifted, that was just a fact. But Hotaru had a drive like nothing he'd seen before. Combined with the slight change in her quirk and Dabi had no doubt she was a force to be reckoned with.

Meanwhile, Hotaru, Bakugou, and Todoroki were racing through the minefield. Todoroki was using ice to avoid the mines while Bakugou and Hotaru used their respective quirks to propel themselves forward in the air. 

Just then, Midorya zipped past on the piece of metal he had taken from the robots at the beginning. While Bakugou nearly exploded, Hotaru took the chance to hitch a ride on the piece of metal. She received a kick in the face from Midorya, but managed to hold on. The two landed and Hotaru immediately took off running, only for Midorya to sail over he once more.

She felt the cold creeping up behind her, and her feet began to freeze up. Hotaru was able to melt it easily, but it was enough time for Todoroki to pass her.

Midorya- 1st

Todoroki- 2nd

Hotaru- 3rd

Dabi laughed at the green haired kid's ingenuity. He also noticed Hotaru's outfit was beginning to burn with the angry heat that surrounded her. 

"Wow, she's hot." Toga laughed in the background, to which she received a glare from Dabi. "What? She really is hot, even her clothes agree!"

Dabi just rolled his eyes and looked back at the screen. Shoto was speaking with Hotaru.

"Fine. I'll be on your team, but on one condition." Hotaru said, looking at Kaminari and Iida. "I'm on top, not you. If you're only gonna use mom's quirk then it makes more sense for you to be bottom left instead."

"Fine." Todoroki said with a sigh. "Okay so my thinking was that Hotaru can use her flame sheild move to cancel out the electrical charge from Kaminari's blasts. Iida will be in front to give us speed. I'll freeze everyone once their stunned, and work to corner Midorya."

"Sounds like a plan." Iida replied.

It was a pretty good plan, but when the team began to run out of time things didn't look so good. Midorya was cornered between flames and ice, but was evading well.

"RECIPRO BURST!" Iida yelled, and seconds later Hotaru had Midorya's headband. On Todoroki's orders, Hotaru shuffled the headbands and face them backwards. But as they were preparing to make a quick escape, Midorya came in charging.

"Sorry Iida!" Hotaru yelled out as she used her flames to boost her into the air. Iida was only lightly burned, but it still definitely hurt. It was almost a clean dodge if Tokoyami hadn't grabbed one of the bands at the last second. 

1st- Team Hotaru

Dabi smiled at the idea of his two sibling working together to crush the other teams. He was glad they could still somewhat get along. Though it was mostly an assumption, Dabi was pretty sure the two would have beef over favoritism. 

Hotaru walked out into the arena to face Tokoyami.

"You should just give up now!" Hotaru yelled from across the pitch.

"And why would that be?" Tokoyami said back, honestly a bit curious.

"I've learned a lot of things in life. One of those would be that shadow types often get weak in the light." she said back, smirking as Tokoyami froze momentarily. Though Tokoyami was no doubt strong, Hotaru was simply a terrible matchup for him. After releasing flames right in his face Tokoyami was down for the count.

Next up was a fight with Mina. Hotaru wiped the floor with her. Hotaru's range was also a bad matchup for Mina, since she couldn't get close enough to use her acid. 

Bakugou was going to be a different story. If you asked Class 1-A who had the most drive they'd probably respond with either Bakugou or Hotaru. Both had an intensity about them that was honestly scary.

They stood across from each other in the arena, both with menacing glares. Bakugou opened first. He was agile and moved quickly across the cement. Hotaru used her fire to keep him away, but needed a plan for victory. 

"You're fire only makes me sweat more!" Bakugou jeered. That's when it hit Hotaru. She had been treating Bakugou as if he could create explosions, but it was really tied to the chemical properties in his sweat. While Hotaru fought, Bakugou managed to get the upper hand, nearly sending Hotaru out of the ring. Quite the close call.

"Thanks for the advice Bakugou. I'll make you sweat like crazy." Hotaru responded, trapping Bakugou in a cone of flames.

"You think this can hold me!" Bakugou yelled sprinting through the fire. "NOW DIE!" he yelled out, but as he ignited the explosion it backfire all over his body. His sweat was dripping off of him and forming a chain reaction. Normally this wasn't a problem for him, he could just store it in the gauntlets of his hero uniform. But, he didn't have that uniform.

"IN THE FINALS IT WILL BE A TWO TODOROKI SPECIAL!" Present Mic yelled out. 

Bakugou was pissed to say the least.

"Sorry hot-pocket. You flew too close to the sun." Hotaru said calmly. She didn't have time for Bakugou right now. Beating Shoto was her number one priority.

The twins stood on opposite side of the arena.

"I'm going to end this quickly." Shoto said .

"Like hell you are!" Hotaru yelled back, knowing the longer the battle the more likely she was to win. But, the second Midnight counted down to 1, Hotaru found herself in the middle of a giant mass of ice. She could hear outside.

"WELL IT LOOKS LIKE SHO-" Midnight began, but she was immediatly cut off by Aizawa in the booth.

"Just wait a moment." he said calmly. The sound of dripping water began to fill the arena as the ice began to melt so rapidly it steamed. 

In the cloud of steam a bright light began to shine

In the cloud of steam a bright light began to shine. Hotaru emerged from the icy prison. Her clothes had burned off and instead fire coated her body. Her hair was aflame and her eyes were glowing. Todoroki began to burn just from being near the immense amount of heat. In a few moments he had passed out.

Yaoyaorozu conjured a robe up from her body and handed it to Aizawa as he rushed down to the arena, and into the cloud of steam. A few moments later everything settled. Hotaru was wearing the robe and stood victorious.

"HOTARU TODOROKI WINS!" Midnight yelled out to the cheering crowd.

Later, as Hotaru was making her way towards the locker rooms for a spare uniform, she sensed a presence behind her.

"Father." 

"I believe I have underestimated you Hotaru." Endeavor said as the girl turned around to face him. "I should have been nurturing you instead of Shoto. You have the drive to be number 1"

"You know why I want to be number 1?" Hotaru asked, anger masking the sadness she felt. "To prove that I don't need you, or your help to do it. I'm going to be number one for myself alone. To prove to myself I'm worth it. I don't care about what you want from me, or whatever mistakes you've made. I won't concern myself with revenge, wallow in self pity, or try to make amends. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just another hero rising to the top. I'm not a Todoroki."

With that, she walked away.