chapter 11

Megan

A week later
The day after Jason told me about his plan to mark Lily he had her and I both doing all of our daily activities together. He said "you need to learn to except her. I can't have my Mate and Omega at war." I came close to shifting in that moment. He sensed the rage and held me to him and dragged me back to our room and we fucked. We've only fucked since the first night here. Today he has her eating with us at dinner each of us at his side while he sits at the head of the table. After sitting in awkward silence I speak my mind "I can't set aside my hurt. Marking her and making her the Omega feels like your making me the other woman. Making me feel like an inconvenience in his original plans. I'm  your mate not her. I'm not to be set aside as such. I will find a way to leave if you choose this." But it wasn't him that responded. It was Lily. "I'm right here. I'm not going to be treated like I'm trash to just throw away. I haven't been with him since you showed up to my home. Despite the fact I'm getting sicker each day. You're  the intruder in my life. I never wanted any of this. I had a mate. Someone to love. That was all ripped away from me. I have given years to Jason and he with I. We had a simple life figured out before he was forced into finding his mate. He didn't choose you like he chose me. That choice was made for him. Just like this choice is being made for the both of us."

My jaw dropped at her words. Words Jason didn't argue against he simply nodded and said. "Are you both done throwing your tantrums. Lily eat so you can stay healthy  longer and I don't have to touch you. Megan you haven't eaten and the baby needs you to put your feelings aside." I stood up."I'd say go fuck yourself, but you've  got plenty of choices these days don't you! I'll eat in the library, thank you! You two enjoy one another like old times." I grabbed my plate and stormed off.

I slept here in the library and took my breakfast in here. I needed to find a way out of this for Lily or myself. I'd stay here until I did. My baby needed this. Many would dispute any child we had as an heir if I was not Omega. How had Jason not thought of this. He had to have a Beta who advised him. That Beta would most certainly inform of of the consequences. I texted my assistant Anna who was assigned to me by Jason a few days ago.

Megan
Send the Beta to see me when he is free.

Anna
Of course madam.

Then I followed it with a dangerous, stupid and desperate text.

Megan
Find me a way to leave
if I need to.

Thomas
Only if you'll promise
to
marry me if I do.

Megan
Only if you'll raise my child as your own.

Thomas
What kind of husband would I be if I didn't. Our child would be loved beyond words.

Megan
🥰You're so much more than just a good man. I wish the same could be said about my "mate"

Thomas
What happened

Megan
He has a lover "had"
He killed her mate and bedded her years ago. He's going to mark her which will make HER the Omega!!!!! WTH!!😡😡😡😡😥😥

Thomas
Give me a couple of days. 💍

An hour later a familiar blonde man walked in. Where did I recognize him from. "You look familiar to me." I said without thought. "Maybe, I'm the Josh the Beta." He said. My cheeks flushed as I remembered where I saw him. "You're the one I saw Jason nod to at the new moon festival last month." His slow nod and red face confirmed. "Yes, I was there." He cleared his throat and asked "What can I help you with?" I pointed for him to sit on the couch across from mine while setting my book on the coffee table between us. "Well, Josh I was wondering your thoughts on my mate marking another woman? By all mating rights I should freely be able to remove her from the picture without any dispute. Why you haven't recommended against such a thing?"

He looked taken back by my questions but answered carefully. "Jason and I have sat down and discussed the details back and forth many times. As his, Beta it is my job to get all the facts gathered for him when making such decisions. Good and bad. He has been well informed. As far as my thoughts, they aren't  in line with his but he is much kinder than I am. A weakness in an Alpha, in my opinion. Your child will most likely be rejected. He is aware and is convinced he'll destroy anyone who would dispute the child's legitimate rights."  So he has thought of everything. "Do you know a way out for either her or I?" This shocks him. But he answers "I have heard rumors but they're risky." Just then Jason bursts into the room and storms through the  rows of books till he reaches the sitting area we're in. He glares at me before looking to Josh. "Leave. Now!" Josh stands and I say "No, Josh, please stay and tell us both how we can be free of this problem one way or another." Jason glares at me. "You want to be free of me?" Fear rises inside of me sending goosebumps down my skin. He looked at Josh "When can we perform the marking ceremony?" I gasp "Not until the hunting parties are back in 3 days." Josh says. "Arrange it now!"  Josh rises from the couch and starts to walk away but stops to say "She's too weak for the ceremony and will need a couple days worth of recommended replenishing beforehand." Then he walks out. Jason cringes but it's gone faster than I can blink. "You bastard!" I scream before passing out.

I woke up the next morning in the bedroom with Anna and Dr. Landers talking to one another. They heard me and walked away from the large window to approach the bed "Good morning. How are you feeling?" He asked. "Exhausted. What happened?" I draw out. "You got overworked it's easy to do when you're pregnant." I laughed "Or when I'm dealing with an asshole." He nodded with a smile. "Yes, well you'll need to take it easy today. I recommend building a relationship with said asshole. I've recommended he visit you twice a day for replenishing until you're through the 1st trimester." Theres that word again. I scoffed. "He'll be  a busy guy this week won't he?" It was less of a question  and more of a statement.

Jason

It was the day of the marking ceremony. I woke up next to Lily. I'd only been visiting Megan to have sex. I wanted to be near her, close to her, but I stressed her out I could sense it everytime I just walked into a room. I knew I was tearing her up but would she rather I not do this and sleep with Lily at least every couple of weeks or more? That thought makes me sick now. Laying here makes me sick. I'd once wanted her, yes but now that I found my mate I want my family with her. I had to harden myself in front of both women. Lily has wanted this for a long time. I almost gave it to her but I didn't for my mate. Now here I sit on the day I mark a woman who's not my mate.