The First Date In Years

(I need to put more effort in my writing)( Sometimes I want to abandon this story and disappear off Wattpad)

  NAGITO POV

   "Get up."

   My head snaps up at the sound of Hajime's voice. He's standing there with a leather jacket on; arms folded neatly over his chest.

   "Ah, okay..." I stand up, "What do you need?" He brightens.

   "I'm going to take you out for the day."

"Ah, Hajime, you really don't have to-"

"I want to." He interrupts, looking slightly irritated . I hope I haven't upset him...

I stand up with a louder-than-necessary groan. "Well in that case, where are we going?"

"Wherever you want."

"Um, Hajime, that's awfully kind but I'm not good at picking entertaining places. Perhaps you should pick the place...."

"No, you are going to pick," He insists, talking down to me like I'm a child, "and wherever the hell you want to go we are going. So where are we going, Komaeda?"

"Are you sure you want to be going out with someone like me?" I question nervously. If I was able to sweat the back of my neck would be drenched by now. Hajime however looks throughly disappointed in me.

"I already said I did. Do I strike you as the type of person to waste my time?"

Oh dear, ah, this isn't good. Now I've upset him.

"Of course not, Hinata. I apologize."

He shakes his head, letting out a particularly large sigh. "Just tell me where we're going, Nagito."

Hmm. Where's somewhere I can bring Hinata that ensures an enjoyable time, even if he's with me? Where would Hajime want to go I wonder....

I shut my eyes, trying to think hard. Hajime on the other side of the room, remains silent as I do.

Finally, I open my eyes and make eye contact. "Perhaps the park? Provided it hasn't been destroyed while I was away." I mumble, wringing my hands anxiously.

Hajime looks quick pleased with my suggestion. "That sounds wonderful and romantic." He responds, smiling at me.

"You really think so?"

"Obviously."

Then I shall use all of my ability to give Hajime a good time. Emotionally and perhaps physically if we are both feeling up to it. I do still feel bad about killing the mood last night.
================================
HAJIME POV

I wasn't expecting Komaeda to pick the park for a date. Don't get me wrong, it's a good suggestion but...I wasn't expecting him to actually choose a place. No-that sounds bad on my part. His new personality implied that he would fight me on being the one to decide but he agreed to after only minimal coaxing. Is his former personality starting to make a comeback, I wonder?

Oh, I'm rambling again.

I hold Nagito's hand tight in mine as we stroll through the park, taking in the scenery. Observing the vibrant colours and action with the love of my life whom I thought was dead for too many years right here next to me can be described as nothing less of a perfect day.

I just wish he wouldn't look so worried. He seemed...fearfully that something bad was going to happen but at the same time trying to enjoy the day.

"Are you having a good time?" I ask, nearly startlingly him. He nods back furiously.

"Of course, Hajime."

"I start to swing our connected arms slightly as we continue to walk; Nagito doesn't seem to mind. Finally I ask,

"Do you want to sit down?"

He smiles shyly. "If you want."

I scan the park. There are a couple of nice wooden benches that might be comfortable. But then again, sitting under a large tree in the shade might be more secluded.

"Come on." I say, tugging him in the direction of a particularly large tree. He doesn't protest.

   We settle down under the wide berth of shade only a tree that huge could project. I shift closer to him as we both enjoy the afternoon breeze.

   "Are you happy?" I ask. He smiles shyly.

   "Of course." He promises.

   I lean back against the trunk of the tree, content. It's really such a nice day today.

   We sit like that in silence for a while, watching all the activity going on around us. After awhile, Komaeda turns to me with a somewhat-nervous expression on his face.

   "Uh, Hajime?"

   "What's up?"

   "I think I'm ready to tell you what happened while we were apart."