Hajime's In A Bar (Again)

HAJIME POV

   "Did you find any supper yet?" The annoying voice of the tiny purplette cracks through the phone. I sigh.

   "No, not yet." I reply. 

   "Well hurry up! Shumai and I are getting thirsty!" He responds tensely before hanging up the phone. I tuck my cell back in my pocket, scanning the room for a potential target. There's a girl with choppy dark purple hair sitting at the bar, chatting with a smiling Chiaki. 

   With every moment she trembles slightly and I can hear the squeak of her words every time she speaks. She seems really gullible. It would be so easy to lure her out of here back to Shuichi and Kokichi's place.

   It would be so easy...

   Chiaki murmurs something to the girl before turning her back on her. She stares down into her glass of water as if trying not to draw attention for her. It's a little late for that, sweetie.

   Smoothing my hair back, I casually saunter over and slide into the seat next to her. I turn to face her.

   "Hello." I say, staring into her eyes. She flinches in response.

   "Ah, I-I'm sorry! Did y-you want to sit here? I-I'll move immediately-" She stammers but I cut her off before she can finish.

   "No, No, No," I assure her, "I just came over to talk to you."

   "W-Why?" 

   She's shaking so much. Is she this nervous every time she talks to someone?

   "No, I just came over to meet you and see if you maybe wanted to get something to eat sometime. You're very pretty." I lie smoothly. She flushes.

   "O-Oh." She mutters.

   "What's your name?" I continue, leaning forward. I get a whiff of her scent. It's like...cinnamon and vanilla. 

   "M-Mikan Tsumiki." She says. 

   "I'm Hajime Hinata," I say softly, trying to calm her down, "can I buy you a drink?"

   She gulps. "T-That would be nice."

   I signal to Chiaki who comes rustling over. "Hey can I get a milkshake and whatever this pretty lady wants."

   "A-A milkshake as well." She mutters. Chiaki nods curtly before turning her back on us one again. I turn back to Tsumiki.

   "Hey. Speak more confidently. Be more assertive. Why are you being so shy? That just makes you an easy target to prey on." I tell her. Wow, that was very forward of me.

   "I-I'm sorry for being like this!" She squeals. 

   "No, you don't have to apologize for being you!" I insist. She nods, staring at her lap.

   "Alright..."

===============================================================================

   Tsumiki and I spend the next couple of hours talking about miscellaneous little things and I can't help but notice this is exactly how Nagito lured me into a false sense of security all those years ago.

   Eventually Chiaki pokes my shoulder and tells me it's last call. So much deja vu, jeez. I can't help but chuckle at Tsumiki trying to mask her disappointment. 

   "Hey, Tsumiki-san, would you like to come back to my place and continue our conversation?" I say smoothly. She nods in response.

   "I-If you want." She replies meekly. I smile sweetly at her.

   "Go get your coat."

   She slides off the stool and heads towards the back where the coat closet is. I rub my throat in anticipation of the wondrous, hot liquid that I'm going to get so soon.

   "Just a little bit longer." I mutter impatiently. 

   And then I hear a sound that makes my blood run cold. A sound that makes me flinch and jump in surprise.

   There's absolutely no way. No way in hell this is possible. But then how?

   "Hunting helpless, defenseless girls in bars? Not cool, Hajime."