~Epilogue~ An Uncollected Tale of Beauty and The Beast

Start from the beginning

The Southern Wind just laughed softly. "Very well," she said and stood up, looking down at him. "I think you will do well following in my footsteps."

"'Tis small so long as it doesn't some how come back to haunt him."

She looked down at him.

"He'll always be safe, correct? He'll be safe?"

"Well, curses always leave lasting effects, sometimes physical, sometimes mental, sometimes... not all the enchantment goes away."

Beldon looked up at her, sudden panic in his eyes.

"But he'll be alright."

"And... Nothing will cause me to... leave... will it?"

He sensed her smile at that. "Welcome Beauty, banish fear, for you are King and Master here."

She turned away and Beldon looked to the roses, a soft smile forming.

"Oh Beldon."

He looked around as The Southern Wind looked over her shoulder.

"Regarding summer. It-"

The dream that had been repeating itself for a month now was suddenly interrupted when Beldon felt a hand slide under his stomach, warm fingers against his bare skin, the mattress sinking on either side of him as someone knelt over him, soft lips kissing the scars across his back.

"I'm sleeping, you know?" he muttered, refusing to open his eyes or turn onto his back, trying to recapture the dream - not that it mattered since it never went beyond that moment.

The owner of the hand laughed slightly against his back then moved up and kissed the back of his neck.

"My apologies for waking you."

"I won't be waking up until I have spelt enough, I hope you know. I have no time for your ridiculously early mornings."

Another laugh and Beldon was pulled over onto his back, fingers interlocking with his as a mouth was pressed to his own and even as he kissed back, he still refused to open his eyes.

"Very well, as usual you win. Call for me when you plan to have breakfast so I can eat with you."

"Of course," Beldon said, a slight shiver running up his chest as a cool breeze came through the room.

The weight on either side of him stepped away and the covers were pulled over him, another kiss, this time softer settling on his lips again.

"I love you."

"You to," Beldon whispered and the shadow beyond his eyes vanished.

He counted three beats, then opened one eye, just in time to see silver hair and a sweeping robe exit the doors of his room before both his eyes and the doors closed again.

He lay there for a few moments, and then opened his eyes, frowning.

"Has he woken you up again, darling?" Vanessa asked from nearby, coming out of a room with a set of clothes, laying them out.

"No one warned me he was an early bird," Beldon said, rolling onto his front again, dropping his chin on the mattress and watching Vanessa as she poured him a cup of tea - the cup floating unaided through the air to the bedside table.

"Might I remind you how late you go to bed?" Vanessa pointed out, smiling at him, "You keep him up until all hours of the night, I think he's getting his own back by waking you up early."