𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER THIRTY SEVENthe death of an innocent❜

the death of an innocent❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

     FEAR WAS probably the greatest emotion anyone could feel, besides love, anger or sadness. Nothing could compare to the terror that struck your heart when something violent happens infront of you. Being a bystander watching someone being beat up, bullied, mugged or even worse... murdered. To watch someone take the life of another, whether on purpose or out of fear, it was an image that never left your mind, no matter how hard you tried to get rid of it.

     Perseus Achilles Thayer-Black knew that image to well. Hiding in the shadows as someone's life is taken, fearing that if you move you'll be the next victim. The first ever time Percy witnessed this, was only when he was four years old. He remembers that night vividly, and he can still feel the emotion of fear. It was that night that truly took his innocence. The first night he witnessed Elijah Thayer kill for the first time in front of him.

     It was a violent death, with the victim ending up with a bullet through his head, the mans body still laying six feet underground in the Thayer Manor woods, the place that surrounded it like a wall. A place that held haunted nightmares inside the seventeen year old boys mind.

     And here he was, years later in the woods, a single tear sliding down his face as he watched Elijah murdered another innocent victim. Blood slipped down the boys hands, staining the grass around him as he stared at the lifeless body of a muggleborn witch.

     Elijah pulled out a handkerchief from his breast pocket, wiping away the blood on the knife he held, staring at the blade that held so many lives. The older male looked at Percy, a disapproving look on his face as the tears in the other males eyes. The eyes that he had inherited from his mother, Aliyah.

     "Your supposed to show no emotion, boy." Elijah sneered, sliding the perfectly gleaming knife back in its holder. "Emotions make you make weak, and weakness will get you killed."

     Percy wiped the tear away and looked at Elijah, trying hard to hide his hatred for him. "My apologizes, sir, it won't happen again."

     Elijah walked towards the boy, roughly shoving the knife in his hands. "I'd hope not. Now clean this all up, we have a meeting with the Dark Lord, shortly."

     "Yes, sir." Percy muttered, slightly cowering under the males vicious gaze. It felt like he was the prey under the predators gaze.

     Elijah only nodded before walking away, wiping his hands as he left, leaving a broken boy in his wake.

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long! School started back up for me, and I have never been stressed in my life. Everything is just a complete shit show, so as you'll see the chapters are going to a lot shorter that normal.

Once again, I apologize, but I'll try my hardest to be on top of updating as soon as my school has its shit together.

Anyway, have a good day and stay safe, everyone.

✧ ✦ ✧