𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER TWENTY SEVENdumbledore's army❜

dumbledore's army❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

     PERCY STOOD frozen with anger swirling in his eyes, watching as Umbridge was forcing Trelawney out of Hogwarts. It was one thing that Umbridge was forcing the school to be her own, but it was entirely different to be firing professors for no real good reason. Harry quickly came and stood beside Percy, glancing at him then his best friends before giving his full attention to the scene unfolding before all of Hogwarts.

     "Sixteen years I've lived and taught here." Trelawney said, walking towards Umbridge. "Hogwarts in my home. You can't do this."

     "Actually, I can." Umbridge stated, holding out a piece of parchment. That's when McGonagall finally decided to intervene. "Something you'd like to say, dear?"

     "Oh, there are several things I would like to say." McGonagall stated, wrapping her arms around Trelawney. "There..."

     The doors to Hogwarts then opened, and Dumbledore walked out, gaining everyone's attention. "Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" McGonagall immediately did that, pausing for a second as Trelawney thanked the older man.

     "Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number 23, as enacted by the minister-" Umbridge started, but was quickly cut off by Dumbledore.

     "You have the right to dismiss my teachers." Dumbledore finished, earning in a slight angry twitch from the woman that only Percy noticed. "You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster."

     "For now." Umbridge said, a forced smile on her face.

     Dumbledore thought over her words for a few seconds, knowing full well that they were a threat. His eyes roamed over the many students that stood and watched, as he turned and walked back inside. "Don't you all have studying to do?"

     At that everyone turned to leave, and Harry slipped past Percy as he ran after the retreating male.

     Percy stood there for a moment as his eyes were glued to Umbridge, who turned and looked at him, her smile faltering for a second as she the anger in his eyes. If there was one thing that she feared, it would be the wrath of the Voldemort; who had taken a huge liking to the werewolf. Though, Percy quickly pushed himself off the pillar he was leaning against, and walked past Hermione and Ron without a second glance, heading towards the forbidden forest.