𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER FORTY SEVENhello my love❜

hello my love❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

     HERMIONE WAS sitting under a tree close to the tent that her and Harry had been staying in for the last couple of days. After once again putting up the barrier that block would block them from anyone else's view, she had found herself wrappings her arms around her body, taking a shaky breath and basically collapsing against a tree as the face of Percy's came briefly flashing before her eyes.

     She could feel tears brimming her eyes as the pain in her chest became apparent again, but she quickly tried to drown that back down. She shouldn't still be crying over a guy that betrayed not only her, but the people closest. But she couldn't help it, she really did truly love him, even if they weren't able to say it yet.

     Harry was watching his friend from a far, some sticks and stuff for a fire in his hands. He looked sympathetically at her as he walled over, dropping the firewood as he kneeled down beside her and brought her into a hug. Immediately Hermione began silently crying. After days, almost weeks, of holding her feelings in, she was at the point of breaking, and just wasn't able to hold it in any longer.

     Harry just kept holding her, rubbing soothing circles on her back as he let his friend finally let out all her frustrations and sadness. He knew why she was sad, and to be honest he was to. Percy was like an older brother to him over the years, and technically he sort of was. His dad was his godfather.

     Was. That hurt him more, to know that the only family he had was dead. It made him feel lonely, knowing he didn't have family left that truly loved or didn't betray him. But a question always lingered in his head when he thought or betrayal or Percy.

     Was Percy really on his side? He remembered briefly seeing him at Bill and Fleur's wedding, completely not threatening and as if he was there to cause harm. Or when he saw the huge black wolf that saved him and Ginny when the Burrow was burnt down. It just made him wonder and second guess about still trusting him, maybe not fully, but just slightly.

     Harry was then knocked out of his thoughts and pulled away from Hermione when he suddenly heard branches breaking and distant voices coming closer to their camp. Hermione quickly wiped her tears away and stood up besides Harry, following close behind while reaching for her wand, creeping closer to the border of the ward.

     The two watched as a group of snatchers came into view from the trees. One that Harry recognized was Fenir Greyback, his eyes a glowing yellowish orange, fresh cuts on his face as if he had gotten into a very recent fight. And the other person he recognized made his eyes widen as he heard a gasp escape Hermione's mouth as she noticed the person as well.

     Percy was stumbling behind Fenir, holding his side with one hand and wiping some blood from his nose, a glare on his face as he looked at the other werewolf, who held a grin on his face.

     "What, can't handle a bit of a scratch?" Fenir jokingly said, letting out a laugh as Percy stood up straighter, grimacing slightly at the pain in his side.

     "Not at all, I'm perfectly capable of handling a 'scratch'." Percy answered, forcing a smile on his face as he continued following the other men, blocking their voices out as he tried to not focus on the pain in his body.

     Just previously, Fenir was getting on Percy's bad side, pissing him off as he spoke of not finding any 'filthy mud bloods'. Considering Hermione had come into his mind at the words, he had quickly rounded on Fenir and just pulled his fist back, connecting it with his face. That then quickly turned into a fight between them, but not wanting to use his true alpha strength on the older male, he just let Fenir win, which resulted in the younger werewolf to be in more pain than he was expecting.

     As Percy was trudging along, he subconsciously felt himself look over to his right, slowly coming to a stop as he looked at one particular spot. Hermione watched him, they're eyes connecting for a brief moment before Percy looked away and shook his head. He let out a sigh before continuing along, still feeling a pair of eyes on him as he got out of sight.

✧ ✦ ✧