𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER EIGHTthe fight❜

❛CHAPTER EIGHT
the fight❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

     A SCREAM escaped Percy's mouth as he stared up at the moon, his eyes flashing gold. He felt all the bones in his body beginning to break and replace himself as he was shifting, no control over himself. The vial of a wolfsbane potion lying in his hand was shattered, the potion sliding down in his hand as well as blood, the pieces of glass sticking out from the skin. He wasn't able to take the potion yet, as his shifting had happened so suddenly that he had no time to prepare fully.

     The wolfsbane was supposed to help make the pain duller for Percy's shifting, as well as letting him be more aware of his surroundings as the beast was taking control. It was about a few months or so since the day he ran into Sirius Black, and his life seemed to be going by slowly, and it felt like he was just on autopilot the whole time.

     It was probably now the fact he was more aware and didn't take the vial of wolfsbane that was making this full moon so much more brutal for him. It was the worst transformation he's ever had in his life. His bones were breaking more violently, his eyes were burning more from his eye color change, and so much more.

     He was just getting to the point of letting the wolf out when he heard a distant howl and screams.

     Percy could smell and hear the people before he saw them. The distinct smell of another werewolf and the familiar smells of Harry and Hermione. He had found himself stumbling through the Forbidden Forest as he got closer and closer to the fighting that was becoming more apparent of what was happening. He didn't know why, but when the voice of the girl entered his ears, it was like a switch was pulled as he suddenly got control over his body, over the wolf that was breaking free.

     "Harry, Hermione duck!" Percy screamed, making the two teens look at him, they're eyes widening as they ducked and watched the male shift into a huge black wolf.

     Percy jumped over the two and clashed with Remus who was about to kill Sirius, who had shifted back from a black dog and was groaning in pain. The man looked up in time to see his son shift, watching he immediately snapped at his old friend. The two wolves began to scratch, bite and bark at one another, being the black fur against grey.

     In Hermione's eyes who had run up to Sirius with Harry, she was watching two wolves the size (even bigger) of a grizzly bear, fighting one another to what she assumed was death at least in ones eyes.

     Percy was trying his best to move Remus (who wasn't in his right mind because of the full moon) away from three, trying his best to stand in between. Whenever the grey wolf of the older man would try to get by and rush at the vulnerable wizards, the Slytherin would block his way and toss him farther abd farther away, deeper into the woods.