𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

H

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER NINETEENthe third task: the maze❜

❛CHAPTER NINETEEN
the third task: the maze❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

Percy took a deep breath before following Harry out onto the field. He glanced up into the stands, smiling a little at Hermione who looked absolutely worried. A maze stood in front of him, and big this maze was, well Percy couldn't even give you a guess as he stared at the entrances.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup within the maze. Only he knows its exact location." Dumbledore called, getting everyones attention. "Now, as Mr. Diggory, Mr. Potter and Mr. Thayer are tied for first position, they will be allowed to enter the maze first, followed by Mr. Krum and then Miss Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner!"

"When we find each other, stick close just like last time." Percy whispered to Harry, who nodded in response. It was better to stick with someone he trusts than just anyone.

"I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she only send up red sparks with their wands! Contestants gather around quickly!" Dumbledore called, and the five of them gathered around the older man. "Now in the maze you will find no dragons, no creatures of the deep, instead you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people change in the maze, find the cup if you can, but be very wary, you could just lose yourself on the way."

Dumbledore walks away, leaving the five to pounder over the mans words.

"Champions prepare yourself!"

Percy heads to his place of the maze, where he takes one final look at Hermione and his friends. He sighs as he turns away and faces the maze once again.

"On the count of three! One-" Dumbledore gets cut off, like always, by Fitch who sounds off the canon way to soon.

The music goes crazy as Percy takes one final deep breath, walking into the maze before it closes behind him.

✧ ✦ ✧

Percy held his wand out in front of him as he walked slowly through the maze, his ears on high alert as he tried to hear any danger or anyone that was coming towards him. His eyes kept bouncing everywhere as he tried to see any signs of danger, spinning around sometimes when he heard the slightest bit of movement behind him.