𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER THIRTEENthe curses andthe champions❜

❛CHAPTER THIRTEEN
the curses and
the champions❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

     PERCY had his head resting on his arms, his eyes were drooping a little as he was exhausted like always nowadays. Hermione sat next to him, flipping through her Defense Against the Dark Arts as she waited for the lesson to begin. Miya sat beside Neville Longbottom, the two were engrossed in a conversation in sign language. Who knew Neville knew how to communicate that way. Though just as Percy seemed to finally almost fall asleep, the door to the classroom flew open with a loud bang, immediately waking Percy with a jolt.

     "Alastor Moody, ex-auror, ministry malcontent, and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." Professor Moody began, finishing something he was writing on the blackboard. "I'm here because, Dumbledore asked me. End of story. Goodbye. The end. Any questions."

     No one raised their hands, but Percy did sit up. He heard of Moody, but he felt something was off about him, he just didn't know what yet. Percy always hated DADA, and right now he just wanted to leave the classroom, he didn't feel safe with Moody.

     "Now when it comes to the Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me, how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" Moody called, turning swiftly around to face the group.

     "Three sir." Hermione states, earning a stiff nod from the professor.

     "And they are so named?" Moody pushed.

     "Because they are unforgivable, the use of any of them will-" Hermione started though she was quickly interrupted.

     "-Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct." Moody states, the anger in his voice very obvious. "Now the Ministry says your too young to see what these curses do, I say different! You need to know what your up against! You need to be prepared, you need to find another find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!"

     "Oh no way, the old codger can see out of the back of his head." Seamus muttered, and Percy let a snigger as Moody threw a piece of chalk across the room.

     "And hear across classrooms!" Moody yelled, turning around on his heel. "So, which curse shall we see first."

     Percy's smile fell, and all amusement left his body at Moody's words. His body tensed up at the mention of seeing the curses. It would be different if they only talked about them, but seeing them? His mind went to places we wished he could forget. Hermione grabbed his hand in reassurance, seeing how his mood shifted so suddenly.