'What's keeping you here?'

When the elevator doors finally opened you walked out into the unfamiliar hallway. It must have been a section of troopers quarters, because it was lined with doors with numbered plaques.
You walked to the end were there was a quiet lounge area with another large window for a wall. Your favorite part of working onboard ships was the view. Most of the first orders ships had glass windows throughout, that made it feel open. Like there was no barriers between you and the galaxy.
Curling up into one of the couches, you finally let your tears fall. Every one seemed to be unpacking or asleep, so the sound of your whimpers and sniffles echoed off the empty room.
'I was stupid to think that he would have wanted to be together just because Snoke is gone'
But the memories from your trip to Canto Bight with him had given you hope. You couldn't help it, he seemed so different. The way he touched you, comforted you, made sure you got whatever you wanted. It seemed like he really cared.
'Well he obviously doesn't'
You pressed your palms over your eyes as if you could push the tears from coming out, and back into your skull. The way he could say you meant nothing to him so easily, when you spent the previous night trying to figure out if you loved him, made you feel so naive.
'I should've known he just wanted some fuck toy. To be fair, he said it from the beginning. I'm the one who went and caught feelings despite it all'
Pushing your palms harder against your eyes you groaned in annoyance when tears continued to slip down your face.
"Y/N? What are you doing out here?"
Oliver's voice was soft compared to your whining.
'Shit, why has everyone been catching me crying lately?'
"I'm sorry, was I being loud?" You pulled the sleeve of your shirt up to wipe your face dry.
"Oh no don't worry about it. I just came out here because I couldn't sleep. My rooms just right there, so I thought I'd just come sit out here." The couch dipped as he sat next to you, cautiously watching for your response. You scooted over to give him more room and he relaxed at your sign of permission.
Both of you sat in silence for a while before he spoke again.
"Can I ask why you were crying? I mean you don't have to tell me, I just want to be there for you y'know?"
The sound of genuine concern in his voice was going to break you. He still wanted to be there for you despite the fact you'd basically ditched him to mess around with Kylo.
'Stars I'm such a terrible person'
"Oliver I'm so sorry"
"Woah, what are you talking about?" He seemed panicked; nervous that he said something wrong when you burst into tears again.
"You're just s-such a good g-guy, and I barely have you a c-chance before I chose Kylo." Your words were garbled while you choked through tears.
"Hey it's totally fine. I get it, sometimes you just click better with a different person. It's not your fault." He leaned in to wrap an arm around you gently. You didn't realize how badly you'd been craving affectionate touch, until you collapsed into his hold gripping yourself tightly to his shirt. Leaving it damp with your tears.
"But it is, b-because I was w-wrong. Kylo doesn't want anything to d-do with me. He was just u-using me."
  "I had a bad feeling about him, but I wanted to respect your decision..." You we're finally able to tame your sobs into soft whimpers while he rubbed circles on your back. It had been so long since you'd been held like this. "..fuck Y/N, I'm so sorry."
"No it's fine, I don't know why I'm so upset. He's been clear since the beginning on what it was to him. I guess my feelings just didn't get the memo." When you finally pulled away from Oliver sitting up, there was a throbbing in your head. Squeezing your eyes shut, you massaged your temple with your fingers.
"What do you mean your feelings? Do you think you, y'know like.."
'Loved him? I don't know maybe'
"No of course not. Just emotionally involved enough to leave me upset, I guess."
'Liar'
"Oh ok, well that's good at least." Oliver sounded relieved when he let out a breath.
"Yeah, definitely"
The lights from the outside shining into the lounge bounced off his eyes beautifully, bringing out the patches of green in his hazel eyes. Looking at his handsome features made it feel like just yesterday you were on a date with him, excited about were it could go.
'But even then, Kylo was still there. In complete control over you'
You both sat next to each other in the comfortable quiet, underneath the glow of the stars.
"What if we ran away together Y/N?"
His proposal shattered the short calm.
"I'm sorry what?!" Your voice was tight in surprise.
"It's not impossible Y/N. That one stormtrooper did it, FN-2187."
"Yes to join the resistance, he was a traitor!"
"No, that's not what I meant. Well not exactly. I mean, we could just take an escape shuttle. We don't have to decide on what to do or where to go right away. We could just go to any planet and stay temporarily while we decide" He seemed desperate to convince you, while he rushed through his sentences.
"Oliver were not children. We can't just run away from our responsibilities, we're both stormtrooper captains."
"Why not? What's keeping you here, if not Kylo? You really can't tell me you enjoy working as a Captain that much."
'What's keeping you here?'
His question left you dizzy. If he had asked you just a couple days ago you would have easily answered. You did genuinely enjoy your job. You worked hard to get were you were, and were confident that your position gave you security. But now, despite your full devotion to the First Order, your Supreme Leader was just ready to have you killed for getting friendly with his apprentice. And Kylo, he obviously wanted nothing to do with you anymore. So...what was keeping you here?
"I-I don't know?" You we're just as confused as Oliver at your response.
"So then, is that a yes?" He seemed hopeful at your lapse of sureness.
"I'm not sure. It's just a lot to agree to Oliver. And today has been, crazy to say the least for me."
"I know, I'm sorry. I guess the idea just excited me."
"Why? What reason would you have for running away?"
Oliver smiled brightly, "I want to go back to my family. I know that seems ridiculous to risk everything for. But I haven't seen them since I've was taken by the First Order. Also for other reasons..." He mumbled the last sentence, peaking your curiosity.
"Like?"
Brushing back his hair nervously he shrugged. "I can tell you on the way, if you want to come with me"
"So you're leaving for sure?"
"I've been thinking about if for a while, but I finally figured out a solid plan."
"We could go anywhere?"
Your questions excited him, as he agreed happily. "Anywhere you wanted"
Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. The thought slivered in through the cracks of your brain. You could go to Tatooine, find the last person you had left. Your sister.
"When are you leaving? I just want time to be sure, this is what I want to do."
"I get it, I'm not leaving for four days. I hope that's enough time" Oliver's grin took over his face at your consideration to his idea.
"Four days should be enough, should I pack if I go?"
"Yes, but not too much we have to sneak our luggage in without drawing to much attention to ourselves"
"Ok" Standing up you turned to look down at him. "I'll let you know when I decide, thank you Oliver."
"Of course" Getting up too, he wrapped you into a hug, squeezing you lightly. "You should get some rest now"
'Shit'
"What's wrong?" Oliver's tone changed to confusion when he saw your expression drop.
"I don't know where my room is, or if I even have one"
Snoke planned on having you killed, so you doubted he had a room prepared for you onboard.
"Oh, um- well I mean you could stay with me if you feel comfortable with it. I wouldn't mind" he smiled at you genuinely. "I could take the couch"
"Thanks Oliver, but don't sleep on the couch it's your room. I don't mind sleeping on it."
Laughing he grabbed your hand leading you to his room.
"I'm sure you'll change your mind once you see the beds they have here."

The warm air enveloped you when you stepped inside, you hadn't realized how cold it had been out in the lounge. Inside, it was much larger than you expected. It was definitely an upgrade from the rooms on the old ship. It had the layout of a good sized studio apartment, complete with its own kitchen and living room area.
"Wow"
"I know right? Look, they even gave us king sized beds. Well, just the Commanders and Captains I think."
You stood and gawked at the huge bed that was equipped with more pillows than you'd ever owned. Oliver was right, you were having second thoughts about sleeping one the couch.
"Here I'll let you borrow some of my clothes for tonight, then tomorrow we can figure out where your staying."
After great fully accepting the clothes he handed you, he showed you to the bathroom so you could change. He had given you a pair of sweatpants and plain t-shirt that were baggy on you, but comfy. When you stepped back out, Oliver was getting comfortable on the couch.
"Hey, I said I could sleep on the couch."
"You didn't think I'd actually let you do that, did you? It's not a problem, just take the bed."
By now the exhaustion from the day and your cry session was beginning to settle in, so you shrugged and lazily walked over to the bed instantly collapsing on top.
Oliver laughed watching you as he got up to turn off all the lights. "Goodnight Y/N"
You yawned and pulled the covers around yourself, nuzzling deeper into the mountain of pillows. "Goodnight Oliver"

          ———————————————————-

A splitting pain coursed through your head, waking you up. You moaned, rolling around restlessly waiting for it to subside. Finally you decided to get up to grab a glass of water from Oliver's kitchen. 
Tiptoeing, you tried to be as quiet as possible while you filled a cup. You stood at the counter while you gulped it down thirstily, your throat thankful for the relief.
It must have only been a couple of hours that you had slept because Oliver was still passed out on the couch, twisted strangely underneath his blanket.
As comfy as his bed was you couldn't go back to sleep. You switched positions numerous times trying to find a comfortable one, but were unsuccessful. It felt pointless, so you decided to walk out to the lounge area again to watch the stars.
Closing the door softly, you shuffled out to the seating area. The hallway was darker then you remembered. So you stumbled around blindly, trying to follow the soft light from the window. Making your way to the end you bumped into a wall.
'Weird, I don't remember that being there?'
You blinked in confusion trying to feel your way around it, when your hands pressed into a soft quilted fabric.
"Y/N"
The familiar growl of your name made you squeak in surprise.
'Oh shit, shit, shit! Nooo, not him."
"What are you doing here?"
He ignored your question, moving aside so the light shined onto you.
"Where did you come from? Who's clothes are those?!" The anger in his voice increased, sparking your own.
"Why do you care?! I thought you said I meant nothing to you, so why does it matter?"
He ground his teeth in response, grabbing your wrist and pulled you towards the elevator.
"Kylo what the fuck?!"
"Come with me"
You hated that you let him lead you inside, and push a button closing the doors to the elevator. And you hated that you were happy; happy that maybe you didn't mean nothing to him after all.

      —————————————————————-

Idk, Oliver do be having a point tho...
I'm joking, or am I?😶
Anyways, I'm sure we all know Y/N's bout to get her ass 'beat' by Kylo. Which I, of course, am excited for😏
Also I might go back and fix the mistakes I made in my previous chapters for people who reread them or for new people (they also just get on my nerves). And hopefully I'm making less, since I figured out to use speak screen to proofread now.
Just wanted to let you guys know since it'll be notifying you every time I fix a chapter (sorry I wish I could fix that😩)