Chapter 19: Caught Up

Start from the beginning

"In English." He said.

I took a deep breath. "I can mold this spell into being a magic-absorbing spell, get Bonnie back and kill Kai with his own magic." I did my best to give those lines some Damon spike, since Julie told me how much Megan should be like Damon.

Ian looked thoughtful. "Or put him back at the prison."

"Whatever's more poetic." I said, making it obvious that I wanted to kill him. He looked at me and chuckled.

"But, if you can change the spell-"

"Which I can" I interrupted him.

"How do you know Kai is not gonna suck it right up with the rest of your magic?" He asked concerned.

"Well, first I'm gonna need a couple things to do the original spell. Then I'll work my way into doing the actual fun stuff." I explained. "Once that's done, and we know it works, we can store the balance." I saw Ian's concerned face. "I don't have to be with Kai to do the spell. A little blood from his siblings will make sure of that" I said, pulling out a letter opener I took from his desk. "All you need to do is keep him occupied while I work my magic. Literally." I said. "Why are you worrying about me?" I asked.

His look changed immediately, hiding his concerned features behind a cocky look. "Well excuse me but I didn't went to all that trouble to find you and get you here, to have you sacrifice your life in vain. One Bennett is enough." He took a step closer to me. "And, what about when this is over? Are you... gonna stick around?" He asked taking the letter-opener from my hands.

"We'll see..." I said staring directly into those hypnotizing eyes of his. Nina walked into the room looking for Damon and stopped talking mid-sentence when she saw how close he was to me.

"Da-" was all she could say before finding us. Damon stepped back a bit and she continued talking more discreetly. "Can I speak with you for a minute?" She asked.

Ian looked at me and walked back to Nina, who took him out of my sight.

"Cut!"

They went straight into filming Nina and Ian's scene together and I went to see.

"Who is she?" Nina asked.

"The answer to all our prayers...but I just call her Megan." Ian said sarcastically.

"What?" asked Nina.

"Look. We want Bonnie? She can get her. We need Kai out of the picture? She can do it. Now, all she needs is some space and less antagonizing from the Gilbert vamp, got it?" He asked her.

"Why are you defending her? You don't even know her." She said, sounding more jealous this time.

"Little piece of advice." He said. He pointed towards the room Megan was suppose to be in. "In there is the one and only thing who can bring our beloved Bonnie back. If I were you, I wouldn't be trying to get rid of her." And with that, he left, leaving Nina standing there looking suspiciously into the direction Ian pointed. Before they said 'Cut'.

On break time, I walked into the break room and found Ian and Paul watching some tv. They greeted me and I sat on one couch while they were sitting on the other.

"Oh. Didn't Alex came with you today?" Paul asked. He looked a little disappointed when I said she stayed at the hotel today. But enthusiasm filled his face when I said she'd be here tomorrow.

-x-

The day went by fast. I had to do a scene where I was making the spell and testing its results. I went over to a dead vervain plant, picked it up and closed my eyes. I leaned my other hand towards it as if I were making a simple spell on the plant to bring it back to life but, of course, it stayed the same. Then, I had to focus even more because now I was gonna absorb the magic back, although, it said in the script that Megan was suppose to fail that first attempt. They were suppose to add all the Special FX later on. I opened my eyes again to reveal the dead vervain plant before. but I was suppose to react as if the plant was alive and trying to absorb the magic I just made didn't had the best resolution. I looked confused when I tilted my head to the side examining the plant and frowned my eyebrows.

Since we weren't filming the scenes in chronological order, I got a bit confused but decided to forget about it until the episode airs and I can see the final product.

-x-

We were done filming for the day and I texted Alex saying I'd spend the night at her hotel room. When she said it was okay, I packed my things and told Ian I wouldn't be on my hotel room for the night.

Once I got there, I settled in for the night and we ordered pizza.

"So," Alex said picking up another slice. "Tell me how did all this Ian thing  went down." She requested.

"Honestly....it sorta just....happened." Was all I could say.

"And you decided to just go with the flow, huh?" She said, quoting one of the last conversations we had before I left our apartment in California.

"Don't wanna mess with the world's balance." I said shrugging my shoulders innocently and we laughed.

"But you do understand that when this is over....so are you guys, right?" She said, trying to bring my feet back to solid ground.

It really hasn't hit me yet. I was all caught up in it. But she was right, there was no way Ian and I could be together once this was over...