note & music

Please feel free to skip if you're only here for the story~ Thanks for taking the time to read this story ^^ I love reader feedback so please leave your votes/comments~

If you're interested in a quick overview of how the story goes, please keep reading:

The early chapters cover teenage years and take place in 2002. Here you'll likely notice the lack of technology (e.g. no emails, no cellphones). School life obviously had its own troubles of the era, but it was a lot more simpler (and harder to track somebody down). 

The later chapters cover early adulthood and take place between 2010 to 2012 - a more familiar era for most readers. Here the story will derail significantly from anime: while there will still be tennis, it's presented in a more business context. Of course, romance also becomes a lot more explicit. 

If you're interested in armchair travel through fiction, this story will also take you across Japan, France, Germany and the U.S., places that I've personally visited and tried my best to capture.

I picked out 3 songs from Aimer that best capture each section of the story. 

2002 Tokyo, Japan: Kataomoi(カタオモイ)

2002 Summer (France, Germany): Koiwazurai(コイワズライ)

2012 Tokyo, Japan: Ref: Rain