Chapter Thirty- Two

I had been staring at the spot where Jace's car was for the past ten minutes letting the tears fall, my shoulders shook as I gripped the banister to keep steady. I knew my parents would be home any second and I couldn't let them see me like this. They would ask too many questions that I didn't know the answers to.

I trudged upstairs, taking an entire pack of Oreos with me, prepared to eat my feelings. I opened my door, closing my curtains leaving the room devoid of any light, and grabbed the nearest pillow, screaming everything that I didn't say.

I don't know how long I've been face-planted into the pillow, clutching Mr. Pengy like my life depended on it. When I woke up in the middle of the night, my sadness had been pushed to the side and replaced with hate.

I didn't care that it was nearing two am when I dialed the person's number responsible for this.

"Who is this?" Jasper mumbled, groggily.

"I fucking hate you." I sneered.

"Princess?"

"What did you tell him?"

"Nothing, I swear!" He denied.

"Don't you dare lie to me, Jasper. I know it was you!"

"Don't get me, wrong Princess, I was ready to sing like a canary when he came into the house after you ditched him. But Destiny came back and said not to," A bit of relief flooded through me, at least that ruled Destiny out as a suspect. "She said she wanted to go for the kill herself."

"Destiny wouldn't do that," I swore. I heard the mattress on the other side of the phone groan as he moved.

"Jace was heartbroken for weeks after you left. I thought Destiny pussied out, but I wasn't about to add fuel to the fire and tell him what a lying phony bitch you are," I flinched at the jab. "Princess seriously, you really did a number on him.

"Then this morning after we fucked, Destiny was in my room and heard Jace moving around, I guess. She ran down there after him and told him everything."

"You're lying," Destiny and I may not have been perfect. But for three years we were each other's closest friends. "Destiny wouldn't do that."

"I'm not lying about this. I may not like you, but no matter what you say I care about my brother," I scoffed. "He was broken over you and like I said before I wasn't going to make it worse."

I didn't want to believe him, but a part of me knew he wasn't lying.

"Jasper, you're an abuser and I hope you rot in hell." If I believed in that sort of thing.

"And you're a gold-digging bitch who shouldn't talk about things she knows nothing about."

"I still don't believe you."

"That's not my problem." He said, hanging up the phone.

I cursed because despite what my heart thinks, I know the truth. Destiny told Jace. Because she was being petty and angry about what went down at the party. Deep down, I knew she'd been too calm about losing her social standing to me. Deep down, I knew she wouldn't hesitate to destroy somebody's life who'd wronged her. I've seen her do it before. Start heinous nicknames and rumors for trivial reasons that wouldn't matter once we got out of that hellhole.

At that moment it finally sunk, my timer ran out.

And even though I wanted so badly to blame Jasper it wasn't him who went for the kill. It was Destiny.

The girl who knew everything there is to know about me. The girl who I let cry into my arms whenever her parents' screams were too loud. I saw every side of her, there was to see until last week. When I called her out in front of half the school at that stupid fucking party, I saw something I'd never seen before.