Chapter Fifteen

I texted Marley on Tuesday to set up her meeting with Jace. I did a thorough background check via her school website and her Instagram which I expertly found. She appeared in a lot of people's tags and I found out that she's on the softball team which goes good with Jace playing baseball.

Jace texted me a Monday after I finished my test (which by the way I think I did pretty well on) and asked me to go to the movies this weekend. Like I knew he would because a new Zac Efron film was coming out and he knows I would never miss those. I agreed with a promise that we could hang out at the mall beforehand so I can "get a new phone charger". In reality, I'm about to set him up with a pretty girl.

"Why did you make me wear this?" Jace grunts, irritated and tugging at the collar of his button-up.

"How is this any different from the polos that you wear?"

He sulks around his room and I watch him through the camera as he threatens to tug the shirt off. I shake my finger at him and he releases the shirt before giving me a sharp glare. I wave him off. He doesn't know that I'm doing this for his own good. Making him look polished and professional for when he meets his dream girl.

"Polos don't choke me. They make me look dashing and sophisticated." Try stuck up and boring.

Which he isn't, but you wouldn't know that by looking through his closet. It's filled with polos of all different colors and jeans mixed with khakis. His shoes are a little more diverse with every sneaker known to man plus some vans and converses. Also, he's a preppy white boy so you know he has-too white to even say it - Sperrys. I gagged when he showed them to me and he explained that he only wore them when he was on his father's yacht. The definition of a preppy rich white boy.

The light changes from red to green.

"I'll see you in half an hour," I say quickly with my foot on the gas. "You better have that same shirt on when I see you again." He groans

"Why do you torture me?"

"Stop being a drama queen," I snap. "See you later?" He agrees before hanging up and my radio starts blasting an old Kanye West song.

He may be irritated now but when I introduce him to Marley in an hour he'll forget all about the stupid shirt collar.

I told Destiny about my plan on the way home Thursday.

"Girl, are you crazy?" She exclaims.

"I'm just trying to help a friend."

"The way to help a friend is to get with them not hook them up with random bitches," I ignored her, focusing on the road ahead. "Fine, ignore me, but don't ignore the truth-"

"I already know the truth!" I interject, but she disregards me.

"The truth is that you're letting your fairytale walk right past you and into some other girls arms," She continues. "You're going to regret this one day."

I scoff. "No, I'm not."

Destiny doesn't know what she's talking about and I'm sick of her thinking that she does. We have this argument every time I mention Jace. I would know if I had a crush on him like how it is with every other guy. Her mantra is like a song stuck in repeat- not even a good song it's like Cotton Eyed Joe playing over and over again.

Her words didn't stop me from meeting up with Jace outside of the Auntie Annies on the first floor. He's already there by the time I arrive and I notice that he's combed his hair for once. He actually looks really good, I knew my button-down would do the trick.

"Look over there," A straight-laced blonde girl in front of me whispers to her auburn-haired friend before not so subtly gesturing to Jace.

"I would marry him," Her friend gushes, and the duo giggles.