He shrugged, "Why not ? Okay." He answered taking the bowl of pop corn that was on the coffee table. 

She pressed the button and it began. They were quiet during the first twenty minutes until Cora broke the silence, "Uh...Kal ? " 

She got his attention, "Yes ? " He asked curiously. 

She swallowed her saliva before to speak again. She was slightly nervous, "Uh...Did you talk with your mother lately ? I mean...Uh...if you don't want to t-"

"No, it's cool." He sighed unsure of what to tell her, "No and I didn't plan to. Well, until she reaches to me first."

"So, you won't make the first step ? " He shook his head, "Why ? It's...It's really stupid." 

"Well, go tell this to her then. Shit ! I didn't start all that shit. She's the one who is getting mad for no specific reason, she called you out of your name, she's not supportive AND she didn't even call me for my fucking birthday. Like what type of bullshit is that ?! She's mad and acting like a damn child. I don't have to deal with her if it's to be stressed over some petty shit. When she'll want to be more mature, then we'll talk, but until then, I do me and she does her. Period." He said with evident anger in his voice. 

Cora nodded her head biting on her lips. She wasn't sure if she really wanted to bring the subject on the table, but she tried and he got him frustrated. Maybe she should stop there, but no, she had to let him know everything she had on her heart.

Since she was all by herself in New York, it gave her time to think about her life and all the recent events and at a certain point she started thinking about Mrs. Ryans. To Cora, the woman was not really understood by her family and there was more to the story than what she was telling for her to be that mad about the situation. For Cora, she had a real reason to act the way she was, but she just didn't know what it was. She came to the conclusion that they had to have a serious conversation with Donya. She didn't like the fact that tension was taking over in the Ryans family. She wanted them to get all along and with her family also. She didn't want to give birth to her baby knowing that the poor child will be mixed in all that mess. Acacia and Almar didn't need it either. Nobody to be honest.

"Maybe, she wants to do it, but doesn't know how. Kalvin, life is too short for all of that. C'mon, tomorrow call her and tell her to meet you somewhere, so you'll talk and finally put an end to this mess. Think about the baby. Did you not want his or her grandma Ryans to be in his or her life ? "

He rolled his eyes, took the remote and turned up the volume a little bit. He never took his eyes off the screen.

Cora shook her head, snatched the remote out of his hands and decided to completely turn the TV off, "Kalvin I am talking to you ! " Still nothing coming from him, "Kalvin ! "

"What ?! " He snapped.

"Lower your tone with me."

He groaned, "Oh my ! You left the house to be away from your mom's authority and then another woman has to come and get on a nigga last nerves ! What do you want ? "