Anniversary

"REN!" Chuuya yelled out as she walked down a half, wearing a high neck blue dress that stretched down to the ground with a split, covering her black stilettos underneath.

She wore sheer black tights where she hid her knife and gun, with her hair in an updo with a few strands hanging over the side of her ears, which wore teal green enamel earrings. Her hands were hidden by long black gloves that stretched up her arms, and her makeup was relatively simple, but accentuated her features. Her dress highlighted her elegance, and her gaze almost looked judgmental as she wore an indifferent expression that concealed her emotions, somewhat resembling Ozaki.

"Do you need anything?" Her voice cut through the air, and for a moment Chuuya was captivated by the demanding look she gave him, which was still quite soft and gentle.

The blue depths of her eyes were clearly than they used to be, and held a faint shine and light as the light from above them reflected off of them. They held emotion and experiences that ranged beyond heartbreaking and distant.

"Are you done staring? We have an event to get to or we can make a fashionably late entrance." She shrugged, and Chuuya followed her to the hall where Mori told them to meet.

Everyone was dressed in formal wear, and Mori smiled as Chuuya and Ren made their way in, holding a glass of wine. Ren pulled up her mask, and he summoned them over with the other Executives, and they stood in a small group, watching everyone else. The other agents stood around them, looking at them respectfully and fearfully. Some look on with envy, but everyone knew that they were the most powerful forces to be reckoned with in the Port Mafia.

"Midnight, would you be interested in coming to my tea ceremony in a week?" Ozaki asked Ren, taking a sip of tea.

"Alright." She nodded, and Ozaki gave her more details.

"Very well. I will supervise my unit." She walked off, and everyone sat down at their respective tables.

Ren was ordered to supervise the Guerrilla Squad, since Hirotsu was taking care of the Black Lizard. She sat with Akutagawa, making sure he and Higuchi weren't doing anything too rash. They both still looked terrified of her, but each person on the table clinked their glasses together, each taking a sip of their own drinks, except for Ren.

"Everyone." Mori said, and the whole room went silent as they turned their attention towards their boss. "Everyone, today marks anniversary of the Port Mafia. Good work to all of you. That is all I need to say. Enjoy yourselves." The silence was slowly consumed by the sound of people chatting and other people walking around.

"So you're... the Port Mafia Executive that the Boss never formally announced?" One of the agents pointed at Ren, who sat there not doing anything.

"So what if I am?" She raised an eyebrow, and the person who asked her started trembling.

"You don't have a special ability..."

"Yeah, flashy superpowers aren't the only thing that'll get you status in the Mafia."

After a while, most people were either drunk or had left after passing out. Higuchi, even when drunk, still fawned over Akutagawa, who kept pushing her away, keeping his distance as much as he could. Ren stood up, moving to a far corner of the room and took a sip of wine, swirling her glass around and watching everyone else.

"Ren, we need to deal with these people." Chuuya pointed to Akutagawa, Higuchi and their team, along with Tachihara, who seemed to be doing something.

"HEY! 真夜中さん!(Midnight-san I guess) CHUUYA-SAN! JOIN US FOR SPIN THE BOTTLE!" Tachihara dragged them over, spinning around an empty wine bottle with a few other people standing around.