Monitoring

Looking out to see if anyone was there, Ren took out some of her lock picking tools to use as a makeshift screwdriver, and unscrewed the vent, jumping up into it.

You have shockingly terrible security.

She crawled through the vents, which were small and tight, twisting and turning around identical pathways, making a network of vents around the building. Using the path that was used to bring her to the cell, Ren heard talking from one of the rooms. Manoeuvring herself and making sure to be as silent as possible while doing so, she looked through one of the vents from the corner of her eye, and lay down, listening to the conversation.

"I will attempt to, though I suspect it would be difficult..." She heard Masahiro say into a phone, holding his head as if he were extremely dizzy. "Apologies, it was discovered that I have been poisoned. No it's not fatal, but I've increased my guards." He was silent, listening to the other person talking. "I understand. I'll take her belongings, and apologise for not doing so earlier, and find a way to convince her. Thank you for the opportunity, Hemingway." Hearing that name, she tensed up for a moment, frowning and sliding back to her cell, and leaving the vent unscrewed and placing her lock picking tools and loaded gun, while taking her not fully loaded gun with two rounds and walking around her room in the same motion that she had put on loop, before pressing a button her phone and hiding it.

Hemingway's like a cockroach. Damn persistent, but the poison seems to be working.

There were footsteps outside, and she turned to face the door.

"How are you doing so far? Are you enjoying yourself?" Masahiro peered through the window, smirking, and his face was significantly more red and swollen. "I will be taking your belongings from here on out."

He unlocked her door and stepped in, grabbing ahold of her jacket and pulling it off, going through her pockets, taking out her gun and searching through her other pockets.

"Hm... there aren't any other places where you could store things. There is a suspicious lack of items on you." He eyed her room, and she shrugged.

"Search all you like. None of my belongings are in this room." She sat down on the bed, goading him to search.

"I will send someone to check later, but I have an offer for you. I have some partners from the United States, and I was wondering whether you'd be interested in joining them. Actually, let me rephrase that, they are very adamant on you joining them." He leaned in closer, waiting for her response.

"I will not leave the Port Mafia. I never had any intention of joining them in the first place. Besides, I stuck out like a sore thumb and got called Chinese by racist foreign pigs. How stupid do you think I am?" She said calmly.

"They will offer you a much better life than you do now, and they can most certainly kill your most beloved partner if they so choose. What is your choice?"

"Those are empty threats. And I suppose my partner visited you personally for you to gain that information, and to quote him, '君だを私の殺せない。' (You don't have what it takes to kill me)" She looked up at Masahiro, urging him to object.

"Hmph, you really do have faith in him, do you." He looked away. 

"What kind of a partner would I be if I didn't?" She looked at him expectantly.

"I still have you locked up in a cell you know." Masahiro folded his arms.

"You're still in love with me aren't you." He froze, clenching his fists and shoving his hands in his pockets, turning away to hide his embarrassment.

"I-I'm not. Tch. The audacity."

"And I still have your virginity." Ren said, lying down and signalling the end of the conversation, and Masahiro turned away, his face turning bright red.