The Collector

"Shit..." Chuuya grumbled. "I can't move a single finger." He said before passing out.

"I predicted this far. But the rest is on them." Dazai turned to the building, where a yellow spiral was above it.

Ren looked at it silently as Dazai put his arm around her waist, pulling her in. "Do you need anything?" She asked, slightly weary.

"No, just wanted to spend some time with you." He smiled and ruffled her hair. "Who knew you'd be able to control Void?"

"Certainly not me." She shrugged, leaning against his shoulder, and she could feel some of the tension leave her body.

"You did well." He smiled, placing a hand on her head and looking down at her gently. "I know that you did something and you didn't tell us, so spill so I can give you proper credit."

"I knew you were planning something crazy, so I decided to join in the fun. If you want details, Chuuya was tossing black holes at me and I used that to my advantage. Whatever, I don't need credit. You can say whatever you want after this whole ordeal is over. Then I'll get rid of this ability and I can go home without worrying about anything else, but I'm not getting rid of it just yet." She saw a flash of light for a split second, squinting to see if she was seeing things, but shook her head. She sensed something, her eyes flashing open and sat up, looking at the sky. Dazai sensed something as well and looked up.

"Ren." She heard Kawakami's voice as she was back in the white room, turning around to see her smiling. "Thank you."

"Thank me for what...?" Ren asked, puzzled.

"For using my gift to save someone. Something I never did. I ended up killing my husband with Void." A single tear rolled down her face, dropping on the floor and creating ripple effects all across it, and soon they were standing atop a small green island with a cherry blossom tree, branches stretching over their heads, surrounded by a vast, clear blue ocean. "This colour reminds me of your eyes." Kawakami pointed to Ren's eyes, studying them intently. "They can be stormy and dark, but other times can be calm, clear and beautiful. A constant sea of changes."

"That's... true, somewhat." She thought for a moment, pushing her hair out of her face so Kawakami could see both her eyes.

"Well I see you have a large amount of faith in Dazai." She smiled and Ren shrugged, smiling to herself. "Caring and taking care of yourself is beautiful, but don't you think that adding another person to that is even more beautiful?"

"Can people like me do that?" Ren asked. "People who have destroyed others intentionally, people who kill mercilessly? Can I still do that?"

"What makes you think you can't? We're all human, after all." Ren thought for a moment and nodded slowly. "Well, I wish you the best of luck."

"Human..." Ren whispered as the world around her dissolved into nothingness. "We're all... human..."

She stood up, walking over to the abandoned building, producing a blade from her hands. "So you're gonna go beat up Shibusawa?" Dazai turned to her.

"Don't you remember my warning? Though I'm gonna put my normal uniform back on." She grinned and put her trench coat on, disappearing into the fog. "Also, look after my handful of a little brother, ok?"

"I will." He laughed, and she made her way over, watching Akutagawa and Kyouka's special abilities fight Shibusawa and getting thrown into rocks, skidding on the ground. Sneaking up behind him, her turned around towards her, trying to grab her katana. Swiftly moving away, she swung her blade through they air while trying to make sure she couldn't get blocked. Shibusawa had three scratch marks on his face and jumped up in the air, diving back down with long red claws emerging from his fingers. A blue light burst through the air and landed on the ground next to him, and Kyouka, Akutagawa and Ren stepped back, avoiding the smoke.