I decide to have a little fun and walk faster so I can be next to them.

"Isn't he a dreamboat, ladies?" I whisper and they do a slight jump. "Don't worry I'm just agreeing with you." I notice the blonde girl has braces and the other has glasses. Lucky them, up until last year I had both. They don't look much older than 15.

Jace still hasn't seen me even though I'm a few feet away from him. He's looking everywhere but my direction.

"He could be a movie star," Auburn sighed. I smirk remembering when he told me that in the fifth grade for the school talent show he burped the ABCs.

"Most definitely," I nod along with them as we stare Jace down who is typing on his phone probably to me. His glasses are falling down his nose. "Guys with glasses are the hottest." I look down at the girls who are nearly drooling.

"Scarlet!" Busted. The girls hold their breath looking for the lucky woman that he's calling for before he makes eye contact with me.

He saunters over with a wide smile and the duo look like they're going to melt in a puddle on the floor in front of us.

"When did you get here?" Jace asks and the girls and I look up to meet his brown eyes. "Who are your friends?" I hear them suck in a breath both of their faces red as blood.

"These are my new friends-" I push them forward instead of letting them cower behind me.

The blonde one regains her composure quicker than the other one and flashed him a bright metal smile.

"Bridget and this is Sarah." The latter timidly waves.

"Girls, this is my friend Jace." Their eyes widen at me. My smile doesn't waver.

"You told us you didn't know him!" Sarah accused.

"No, I didn't," I shook my head. "I just said he was hot." I glance over at Jace whose cheeks went red.

"You said that?" He asks with a shy smile.

"Yeah," I admit. The shirts working wonders on you," I add with a smirk. His face falls and I get his glare in person.

"You're really cute!" Bridget gushed and her outburst was met with a swift kick from Sarah.

"Thank you. I really appreciate that!" I hate him and his stupidly deep voice. I can't even act as if I saw a boy like him at the mall when I was this age that I wouldn't do the same thing. Well, maybe a little more low key than that.

"We have to go," Sarah interrupts, pulling her friend from her spot. "It was nice to meet you guys."

"It really was!" Bridget said more to Jace than me.

When the girls left, Jace slung an arm around my shoulder. "What did you do to those poor girls?"

"Nothing," I said sheepishly. "They saw you looking hot and I gave them the chance of a lifetime to meet you. If anything I did them a favor."

"They were scared out of their mind."

"To girls in middle school who grew up on Netflix and Disney movies, you're like a movie star."

"I'm not that attractive." He mutters, staring at the floor.

"Oh, you most definitely are," I admit. It's not like I have anything to hide. Of course, I think he's good looking. "You're every girl's fantasy. Curly brown hair. Deep hazel eyes and a charming smile. I would've wanted to marry you at that age." He stops walking for a moment causing the man behind him to shoot him a dirty look before shoving past him.

"Seriously?" I nod, pulling him inside the AT&T store. "What about now?" I give him a weird look

"Would I marry you?"