"Come on, please for me." I shake my head before standing in line behind Dylan for bowling shoes. I glance over at the table where the boy and his friends have now disappeared.

We grab our shoes and head over to our lane. I was the last to put their name on the board and the last to grab a ball because it took me five minutes to put on the stupid shoes. The ball rack was on the other side next to the last lane and when it was empty I headed over. I lifted different balls until I found one at the very bottom. I bent down to grab it before standing up quickly and hitting my head on something hard.

"Shit!" I cursed loudly, my head throbbing. I turned around to meet the same light-skinned boy from earlier. He was holding a bowling ball that must've been over my head with his phone lit up in the other.

"You good, shorty?" His rough voice pierced through my soul, but I couldn't focus on his above-average looks when he was too dense to not hold a bowling ball over somebody's head.

"No, I'm not good shorty. You and your stupid bowling ball might've given me a concussion," Okay I have exaggerated a little since the pain had lessened. "How couldn't you see me?" He looked at me, confused like he couldn't fathom somebody calling him out.

"What's your problem?" He spits out, agitated.

"My problem is that I have a huge ass headache because of some poser-" I motion to his grills and low hanging jeans. I was about to keep going when I saw Destiny run up behind him.

"Scarlett, sweetie!" Her eyes flitted back from the guy back to me. "It's your turn." I know damn well it's not my turn. It takes Kayden double the time I've been over here to get himself warmed up and he's going first.

"Hold up, give me a second," I wave her off. "And another thing-"

"What's your name?" She cuts me off, blocking me from the boy.

"Ambrose," He smirks at my best friend, giving her a once over. Taking in her skin tight light blue Fashion Nova jeans and a white tube top.

"Destiny and this is my best friend," She pulls me out from behind her. I stand awkwardly, too much weight being put on my right leg from my constant slouch. "Scarlett."

"Ohrd," His expression goes sour at my school hoodie and American Eagle jeans. "Where you from?" He aims his question at Destiny.

"Turner, how bout you?"

"Eastmond." Bored with their conversation, I take this as my chance to leave.

I'm a few feet away when I hear Destiny's shrill voice. "My friend thinks you're sexy." I was about to ignore it and keep walking. I didn't care what he thought.

"Your friends a bitch." I sucked in a sharp breath, my step faltering. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground grunting at my clumsiness.

"Scarlett!" Destiny rushes over and bends down. The area we were in went quiet as people looked at the crazy girl who tripped face-first over the air. "Are you okay?" I sat up hating this place ten times more than when I started.

"Later," Ambrose said eager to get away from the two girls on the floor.

I sit up as soon as he leaves, my cheeks were red from embarrassment. Destiny and I silently walk back to the lane which happened to be right next to Ambrose and his friends. They all look at me with distaste and I fight the urge to shoot them a middle finger. It's like they have never seen a bitch trip.

"What took you guys so long?" Erika asks, sitting next to me.

"Don't ask," I reply curtly. Destiny stares at me with a look of pity, but the encounter with Ambrose is never mentioned again.