In Athena's Eyes: "Nova Is"

Start from the beginning

Those fitness conversations with my friends, hers, and random people sometimes would last forever.

"Do you meal prep?"

"How often do you work out?"

"What protein powder do you buy?"

"How much do you charge to train?"

"How much do you lift?"

Then there were the women that thought she was a male whenever her hair was tied up and her breasts weren't showing through her shirt as much. And the gay women who wanted at her like a fresh piece of steak.

Sometimes it was tiresome and aggravating when everyone wanted a taste of your girlfriend turning wife, but Nova always had a way of dealing with it respectfully so I couldn't complain too much. It's not like I didn't get hit on an insane amount.

Her perfect body was on display for just my eyes to feast on. The want between my legs made itself known. I smirked to myself.

It wouldn't be the first time I woke my lover up to satiate my selfish needs, but this time I wasn't going to. Nova wasn't exactly a morning person and with her very last semester being grueling, she was in need of rest.

Today was her day off from studying and her part-time job. I wanted her to enjoy the day as much as possible even if it meant sleeping half of it away. She wasn't the most lively spirit whenever she was forced out of sleep either.

Her already heavy brows would get even heavier upon waking up grumpy and sometimes even upset. Her stubbornness when it came down to drinking an espresso shot or two was reminiscent of a child not wanting to take a nap but did I enjoy the sight of her unnerved whenever it happened.

I drank from that tall glass of attitude. The way her face and jaw tightened in frustration. Her annoyance clear in her posture and the way she curled her fists by her sides. It was sexy. Always so incredibly sexy.

Nova is different. So different from the women and men I've taken a liking to back in my younger days. Her identity is different along with her thought process, which I appreciated. It was rewarding, like having a cold drink after working in the sun all day.

I wasn't the perfect girlfriend, absolutely not. My flaws taking a larger stand on some days, screaming and shouting to the world that I was beyond imperfect, but those striking green eyes never faltered. They never made me feel less than desired and most importantly, they never judged me.

Each day I had found something new that I loved about her. This new habit she developed with folding her arms across her chest whenever I said something mildly ridiculous always made me chuckle. Or the way she slouched over, competitive and zoned in, when playing video games with Tommy, ultimately winning or losing.

I remember a time when smiling for her was a little hard. Going through so much at a young age will do that to you — harden you in ways you may not notice. Her smile was intoxicating, packing more than enough arrows to shoot straight through my heart every time. And I could never get enough of it.

Her being my student was the ultimate test of temptation. A test that I failed rather quickly. It didn't help that she was so attractive, charming — still is — and mature.

How could I not delve into a treat so well baked and up for grabs? It was like waving my favorite dessert in my face and telling me I couldn't have a single taste. Lord knows that wasn't fair and my sweet tooth always got the better of me.