10

I walked all the way home. It took me about an hour or so to get there, but it was peaceful. It was just one of those afternoons where everyone is in their own head, quiet, and traffic isn't terrible. I got home to my Dad leaving to work. He didn't really bother to ask where I was at for the night. He just hugged me and kissed me on my head. Then he was out the door in a flash.

It hurts me deeply that he's finding excuses to not be in this house because I do the same sometimes. Sometimes I can't be alone here. Sometimes I can't I stand to lay down in my bed knowing that someone I love is laying in a casket.

I get to my room and look around. Everything is the way I left it. Clean, organized and a little boring. I take my jeans off and the hoodie that Athena gave me. Now I'm just in my boxers and sports bra.

I sit down on my bed and rest my feet for a little. The first week of school is over and so much has already happened. It feels like it's never going to end. There's no backing out this time. I can't be a third-year senior. I want to graduate and leave this place.

Start fresh. Start new. A new place with new things. New opportunities. New everything. A place where no one knows me. Where my past won't get to me. So I can heal properly and not in the same place that has broken me time and time again.

I feel the tears starting to brew. My face gets hot. I bury my head in my hands and cry because that's all I can do. In therapy, I learned how to cry more often and without holding back. Without feeling ashamed or weak.

I cried until my head started hurting. I showered and brushed my teeth, prepping myself to get the last of my homework done for school tomorrow.

I managed to get better sleep this time around. Probably due to the hangover I was carrying earlier in the day along with that thorough crying session.

I put on a white long sleeve shirt and jeans for school the next morning. I tied my hair up in a very low maintenance bun and left it alone.

I parked my car in my usual spot. From a distance between other cars, I could see a familiar head full of curly hair surrounded by a group of several guys and girls.

At first, I didn't think anything of it when I realized it was Tommy. It seemed to be a harmless link-up of people. It's a little strange though, considering he doesn't actually hang out with anyone anymore. At least, that's what he says.

I grabbed my messenger bag out of my car and locked the doors. I turned my back ready to walk, but then I heard something that sounded like someone bumping into a car — hard.

I snapped around to see Tommy being held against a car.

"Hey!" I shouted quickly making my way through the odd spaces of cars.

Everyone turned to look at me, slowly backing away. Tommy didn't even flinch. The guy holding him let him go.

I stepped to the mystery guy with short, but shaggy looking black hair.

I spoke first, "It's too early for this shit don't you think?"

"Mind your business. This has nothing to do with you," He said.

I looked over at Tommy. He didn't even look at me. He was looking down at the ground.

"You're pushing my friend up against a car. It's my business."

"Yeah? Well, your friend here owes me money. If he paid me in the first place this wouldn't be happening."

I got closer to him, almost whispering to his face, "Guess you'll just have to forget about the money cause you won't be getting it."