6

I barely slept. I couldn't.

Every time I closed my eyes I saw something different.

Whether it was Willow, Kendall, the Bulls ... my mother.

Each time was something different. Something haunting me.

My Dad was having the same issue too it seemed. I heard him walking around all night. Whether it was the T.V. or the microwave going off. He couldn't sleep either. Sometimes I wonder how we both do it. How do we continue to live like this?

"Hey Nova," I heard from behind me.

I closed my locker and turned around. This time it was Willow. It was Willow in her old black varsity jacket. I remember that jacket.

I smiled at her, but in turn, my heart immediately filled with discomfort, "Hey."

"How's school treating you?" She asked.

"Good. I guess. What about you?"

She shrugged, "Better. I was just dropping by to say hello."

I smirked, "Nice to know you're still checking up on me. Afraid I'll be doing something I'm not supposed too?"

She eyed me, "Maybe. It's too soon to put it past you."

I folded my arms and looked down at her, "What's this I hear about a new girlfriend? Replaced me so soon?"

She blinked a few times and tilted her head, "How do you know about that?"

I chuckled, I guess she didn't see me, "You know things go around pretty fast here."

She almost looked sad. Sad that I found out.

She sighed sadly, "I was going to tell you myself. I wanted to tell you myself."

"How long was that going on for?" I questioned curiously.

"A few months ... she's a really sweet girl."

I nodded, "I'm happy for you Willow, really. I've always wanted you to find happiness."

"Thank you ... I hear you and Tommy have been working out together. He told me."

"Oh, yeah. He's pretty serious about it."

She laughed, "Never thought you guys would end up being friends."

I shrugged, realizing that he is actually my only friend at the moment, "Yeah. Guess I can't be alone forever."

"Take care of him alright? He's actually really sweet," She said softly. "He's a really good friend too."

"I will. Promise."

"I'll be dropping in again on you soon, stranger."

I sighed, preparing myself to walk to my first class, "Guess it's best if I stay that way don't think you think?"

She gave me a puzzled look, "Why would you think that?"

"Because I'm your ex."

She didn't say anything back. I wonder if she told her girlfriend about me. I don't really want to know anything more than I should at this point. I kinda wish no one knew me.

I poked Willow's cheek and gave her a smile. Poking Willow's cheek used to be my thing because her cheeks are super soft and squishy. She used to slap my hand away and tell me to stop. Deep down I knew she liked it.

She frowned at me and I walked away from her. It feels like the first time all over again. I'm the one who ruined us anyway. She deserves better and I hope that girl she's with is better.