Hard To Be A Harrison

Start from the beginning

I gulped, "Is – is he dangerous? He could he be the one doing this all with Joe?" I asked Silas.

"He is very dangerous, Charlie – he has connections with the underworld. And I am sure that he is the one behind this all because Marcus received a call from him saying that he will get those documents soon and if he does – we will be doomed." Silas spat.

"Why – why is he after those documents?" I asked.

Silas looked at me and sighed, "A few years ago Diego Silvia's son was doing business with us – we didn't know who they were back then. For us they were potential business dealers but, right before we could sign the business deal with them – Marcus was approached by the FBI – they told him about Franco Silvia – Diego's son's deceitful activities. He found out that Franco was involved in drug and human trafficking. The FBI agents wanted Marcus's help to catch one of the biggest underworld's criminal." Silas paused for a moment while staring into nothing. "Right before we were about to seal the deal – the FBI came in our office and arrested Franco in front of his father. Since they had no proof against Diego – they couldn't arrest him. When Diego came to know that Marcus helped the FBI in arresting his son – he promised to destroy him and the Harrison's." Silas said. "If he will get those documents – he can claim that Marcus sold those to him – we live in the twenty-first century – it isn't impossible for him to fake Marcus's sign. Diego can easily claim Samson's shares." Silas shrugged. "And if he does that – the board of directors will fire Marcus from the CEO post and also – he can face some jail time for fraud. That is why he has been going nuts to find that file." Silas added.

I was left shocked – I never knew this all happened to Marcus. Silas looked at me, "Diego is very clever. He always does things so perfectly that no one gets suspicious about him. He always uses others so, that no one can find him guilty. He always does things in a way that everyone blames us and especially – Marcus." He said. "Last month, some of the money was stolen from our company and the board of the directors blamed Marcus for it – they said that he did it but, actually he didn't and I am a hundred percent sure that Diego was after that too. He just wants to destroy Harrison's family and especially Marcus." Silas's words were like a blow to my heart. I never realized that Marcus has been so much trouble – he never shows it – he suffers alone.

It was a lot to take in – I was left speechless. It was all too complicated. I rubbed my temples as I felt the ache. Silas must have sensed my discomfort, "Leave it, Charlie – don't think about it. It's all too difficult." he said. He sniggered, "It's not too easy to be a Harrison." He said. "Freshen up and come down maybe? Eat something and don't stress over it – I promise we will do everything to help you out of this mess." He said and turned around to leave the room.

I couldn't get Silas's words out of my mind – it was not easy to be a Harrison – he is right it isn't – especially when there are traitors within the family. I did what Silas said – after freshening up I went downstairs. All this time my mind was tangled with different thoughts – mostly with Marcus. I have been feeling this pull towards Marcus – he was attracting me towards him more and more – without even doing anything. I just wanted to go to him and comfort him – I wanted to tell him that I will always be with him that I care.

"We did – I hope they will recover soon. I have the CCTV tape of the time of shooting – I hope we will be able to catch them." I heard Ben's voice.

I followed the voice to see Ben talking to Silas while Marcus was sitting on the couch with his head bowed down. There was a bloodstain on his white shirt – it must be of the bodyguard who got shot. Marcus sighed and slowly lifted his head. His eyes met mine and he stood up on his feet, "How are you Charlotte?" he asked concernedly. Ben and Silas twirled around to see me as well.