Sick Boss-man

When I reached Marcus's penthouse the next morning – I was welcomed by Kathie's loud cry. I hastily followed the voice – It was coming from the lounge. As reached there – a maid has Kathie in her arms while she was trying to make her quiet but, Kathie wasn't listening to her. Her face was getting red from all the crying while tears traced down her cheeks. My heart twisted at the sight.

"Kathie, please – stop crying." The young maid said desperately to Kathie who screamed.

"Give her to me," I said while dropping my bag on the floor.

The maid twirled around and sighed in relief, "Thank God, you are here. She wouldn't stop crying." She said worriedly while passing Kathie to me.

As soon as Kathie came in my arms – she circled her arms around my neck and hid her face in my neck while she wept. "Hey baby, stop crying – Kathie is a good girl, right? And good girls don't cry." I cooed to her while kissing her head and patting her back. She cried for a few minutes before her cries turned into hiccups – all this time I move around while randomly cooing to her.

When Kathie finally settled down in my arms, I turned around to face the concerned looking maid, "What happened to her?" I asked her.

"I don't know. One minute she was sleeping peacefully and the other minute she was cry hysterically. Everything has been chaotic since this morning. Penny's not here yet, Mr. Harrison is ill and then she started to cry and there are just two maids including me – I thought you wouldn't come either – I was freaking out –" The maid rambled but, I interrupted her.

I frowned at her words, "Wait – wait – Mr. Harrison's ill?" I asked her.

She nodded her head, "Yes, he has been vomiting his guts out since I came. I asked him if he needs my assistance with anything or needs my help in any way but, he declined and asked me to leave." She answered worriedly.

I glanced up towards his closed room's door, "Okay, thank you – uh – I am sorry but, I don't know your name." I chuckled.

She smiled, "Oh it is Lily." She answered.

"Lily – right – well, thank you for looking after Kathie when I wasn't here." I thanked her.

She smiled, "No problem at all, Charlotte. I have to go back to work now. See you later." She said and hurriedly walked towards the kitchen.

"Da-da is sick, Kathie," I mumbled to Kathie who was quiet in my arms now. I kissed her forehead, "What happened to him?" I mumbled again – this time to myself.

I bit my lips and looked towards the closed door of his room. For a few seconds I kept thinking whether I should go to his room or not. I know he won't like it if I will show up unannounced but, what if he needs something? He is sick after all. I sighed and glanced at Kathie who was looking at me as well. "What should I do, Kathie?" I asked her. She ignored me and started playing with my hair. "Should I go see your dad or not?" I asked her anyway. "He is sick, what if he needs something? Do you think he at least took some medicine?" I questioned her but, she was busy playing with my hair. "Tell me –" I shook her lightly. She looked up and giggled, "Your dad's sick and you think that's funny?" I asked her at which she poked her tongue out. I laughed, "I will tell your father about this. So, should I go and see your da-da?" I asked her again.

"Ya." She mumbled and resumed playing with my hair.

I glanced towards his closed-door once again, "Okay, but only because you said so." I kissed her cheek and made my way towards the stairwell.

I quietly made my way towards his room and stopped right in front of his door. There wasn't any sound coming from his room. I took a deep breath and looked at Kathie, "If he says something – I am telling him you said so." I told while she smiled at me. I chuckled and kissed her nose. "I love you, you know that right?" I said to her.