Fired

Feelings? I forgot if they even exist at the moment. Chills ran down my spine as I stared Joe with pure confusion filled in my eyes. He doesn't know what I am talking about – he is a liar. A liar!

"You don't know." I whispered under my breath – I narrowed my eyes and stared at his confused ones, "How can you say that, Joseph?" I added. "You asked me to bring the file downstairs because you were getting late for a meeting and you –" I turned to face Marcus – who was looking at me with betrayal in his eyes. "You texted me and told me to give him the file. Why are you both doing this to me?!" I yelled out as tears rushed out of my eyes. "Why are you two lying?" I cried out as I felt the moist escaping my nose and eyes.

"I don't get it – what is happening here? Charlie, please relax – you are going to hurt yourself." Joe said while putting his hands on my shoulder which I pushed away – I was already breathing hard – my heart was drumming in my ears – my face was covered with sweat and tears. I shook my head in distress and stepped away from him. I was speechless – I was speechless due to the circumstances. Joe frowned and worried looked at Silas, "Silas, what happened?" he asked him.

Silas gulped and looked at me before looking back at his cousin, "Samson's file is gone. Some - someone took it away." He said hesitantly as he glanced towards me. He was covering his words – he shouldn't do that. He should just say it aloud what he thinks – he thinks that I stole it. He thinks that I am the thief. It hurts – it hurts so much.

"Marcus got a call from Diego Silvia this morning – he said that there is a traitor near him, who stole Samson's file from his office and soon Diego will have it. He threatened to ruin the Harrisons. Marcus checked the CCTV of his home-based office to find that – she –" Ben said while pointing his finger towards me. "She stole it – she's the betrayer. I bet she got here to steal the file. It was her idea from the very beginning. She has been playing with the Harrisons since the start and she shall be punished for her crime." He gritted out while glaring at me.

Joe's eyes widened as he looked at his brother. "What?" he whispered to himself bewilderedly. He averted his gaze towards me, "Is – is he telling the truth, Charlotte? Did – you take the file from Marcus's office?" he asked me.

I gaped and launched at him before grabbing him by the collar, "What are you talking about Joe?!! Yes – yes! I took it from his office but because you asked me to do so and he – he –" I turned to look at Marcus who wasn't looking at me anymore – his back was facing me while he looked out of the window, "Marcus told me to give it to you." I added angrily.

Joe frowned, "What are you saying, Charlotte? Why would you say that? I didn't ask to take anything from Marcus's office. Why are you lying?" he asked. His voice held softness but, his words were like knives through my heart.

I stepped back and narrowed my eyes, "I am lying?" I asked him accusingly while putting my hand on my chest, "I can't believe you!" I yelled out. Words that flowed from his mouth angered me – I could feel my body shaking. I was furious – I didn't betray anyone – he betrayed me. He used me. Rage boiled through my body. I pursed my lips and raised my hand back and threw my hand forwards as hard as I could. The crack of skin contraction echoed through the room. Joe's face moved through the force of the slap.

There was complete silence in the room for a few seconds – nobody moved or said anything – not even Joe. He slowly lifted his head to look at me while knitting his brows – I could see the anger in his eyes. He put his palm over his cheek and stared at me without uttering a single word.

Silas stepped forward and stood between the two of us. He put his hand over Joe's shoulder and nodded at him – communicating his cousin through his eyes. Joe clenched his jaws and glared at me before he angrily walked out of the room and closed the door behind him with a force. "Charlotte, you need to relax, okay?" he said while putting his hands on my shoulder.