Rollercoaster of Life

Start from the beginning

Just as when I was about to enter the bathroom – Penny walked into the room, "Charlie, Marcus is asking for you in his study." She told me. Her words were enough for me to jolt with excitement and nervousness at the same time.

A goofy smile appeared on my face but, I tried to cover it while biting my lips with my teeth, "Uh – okay, I was about to take her to the bath." I told Penny while glancing at Kathie – who was playing with my necklace.

Penny walked closer and stretched her hands out to take Kathie from me. "It's okay. I will bathe here today." She offered. Kathie whined a little bit, finally went in her arms. I also gladly pass her to Penny.

I smiled, "Thank you so much, Penny." I said to her and walked out of the room but, not before kissing Kathie on her forehead.

I couldn't conceal my excitement while walking towards his office. It felt other-worldly to be called by Marcus – it was all new to me but, I am sure I will get used to it. My heart was beating speedily when I stopped outside of his office's door. I ran my tongue over my dry lips and sighed out loud before knocking at the door. After a few seconds the door opened – revealing Ben.

The smile I had on my face fell off – I thought that he would be alone – why else would he call me in? I put on a smile, "Uh – hi, um – Marcus called me." I told him.

He nodded his head, "I know. Come on in." he said to me while wide opening the door for me to get in. I glanced at him and offered him a small smile which he didn't return. It is so weird looking at Ben – with a little difference – he looked exactly like his brother. I believe the only difference would be –nature. Joe is friendly and jolly while Ben – he seems too serious and uptight all the time.

I walk past him and stood in the middle of the room. A genuine smile spread on my lips when I saw Marcus standing beside his table in the middle – while Silas was sitting on the couch at the corner. I looked at Silas and waved my hand, "Hi Silas, how are you?" I asked.

Silas stretched his lips, "Hey, Charlie. I am fine – what about you?" he asked.

I glanced at Marcus who was looking at me with his hands shoved in his pockets, "I am good." I nodded.

Something was off – I could sense it. Silas wasn't behaving as he usually does. He seems a little off today. His face could tell that he has been awake for a while – his hair was all messy while he looked worried. I then looked at Marcus who was glaring at me – he looked angry. I knitted my brows as I looked at him – something was wrong – I have Marcus through bad but, right now – he looked furious. He had bags under his eyes – it seems like he hardly slept at all. Also, his shirt wasn't tucked in like usual, his hair was untidy – he looks like a mess.

"You called me?" I asked him.

He didn't say anything immediately but, walk nearer to me and stopped right in front of me – hardly a foot away. "I am going to ask you a question, Charlotte and I want you to answer me correctly." He said to me slowly. I could sense the control in his voice – I could feel how he was trying to stay calm while he doesn't look calm.

I gulped and glanced at Silas who was worriedly looking at me, "Y-yeah – uh sure – ask." I said to him. His physical behavior was enough for me to make nervous.

He took a deep breath and briefly closed his eyes, "Why did you steal the file from my office?"

His question was enough for the earth to shake under my feet. I knitted my brows and stared at him – I am not sure if I heard him right. Did he just ask me if I stole a file from him? "What?" I asked him.

He huffed, "Why did you steal the file from my office, Charlotte? Don't act like you don't know what I am talking about." He yelled causing me to jolt – I looked at him bewildered. I was speechless – I didn't know how to react. "Who did you give that file to?" he gritted out.