"Tired?" The bartender, Michael asked while cleaning the counter.

I chuckled humorlessly, "You bet." I answered back.

"You should-" Michael was about to say something but, someone cut him off. Someone, whose voice was very familiar.

"Excuse me, can I have a ginger ale?" He asked in his deep masculine voice. His voice only can make me shiver. I could feel goosebumps appearing all over my body. What is he doing here? I thought.

I gulp and slowly turn around to see, a very stressed looking Marcus sitting on a stool right beside me, while rubbing his forehead. I stayed still and kept starring at him, waiting for him to see me but, he didn't notice me. He closed his tightly and exhaled frustratingly. During that time, I closely noticed his features. He is- beautiful and scary at the same time. His rough salt and pepper facial hair compliment his good looks, and it also gives him a hard and serious look. His thin lips and straight nose only increased his beauty. I never noticed him in such detail before. I also noticed that he was wearing a wedding ring on his ring finger.

It's wrong, I shouldn't stare at him like that but, I was unable to look away. What is happening to me?

"Here you go, Sir." Michael put the drink in front of him. Marcus stared the drink for a few seconds before, taking a sip from it. The look on his face made me feel uncomfortable, he looked pained and tired. I bit my lower lip and struggled to say something to him. There were so many words in my mind but, none were coming out of my mouth.

"Charlotte." Tesla called my name, for me to twirl my head around to see her standing right behind me, "Your shift's over. Go home, you look drained. And it's also very late." Tesla said to me, "And don't cover for Hailey or anyone else from now on." She instructed. I smiled and nodded my head. She glanced behind my shoulder once, before walking into her office. Is he looking at me?

I slowly turn around to see Marcus, starring right at me. He had a deep frown on his face, creasing his forehead. His intense gaze made me shiver. He was starring without blinking. "What are you doing here, McGill?" Marcus asked after a long pause. No hi, no nothing. Straight to the question, so typical of him.

"I work here," I replied slowly. I felt like a child who was caught red-handed. Why do I feeling so small in front of him?

After a pause of few more seconds, his gaze traveled to his wrist, on which branded leather striped expensive watch was tied. "Do you know what time is it? He asked while narrowing his eyes. Honestly, I didn't know. I bit my lip and slowly shook my head. It was like my father caught me sneaking my way into the house late at night.

"Ms. McGill, it's 12:15 am." He answered like he was scolding me. Okay scratch that- he was scolding me.

"Okay." I don't know why I said that.

"Okay? Working till midnight is okay for you?" He questioned furiously. I frowned at his unusual behavior. What is the deal with him?

"What I do should not concern you, Mr. Harrison," I replied coldly. I haven't forgotten what happened at his place a few days ago.

His frown diminished and his lips form a thin line, "You are right. I'm sorry for my inconvenient behavior." He apologized and looked away like he was ashamed to look at me.

"It's okay," I replied softly, I didn't know what else to say. I didn't want to cause any more trouble for him, so I turned around and slowly walked away.

"Wait, Ms. McGill." He called out loud enough for me to hear. I twirled my head around to see him standing up and fixing his suit, what is it with him and his obsession with suits? I've never seen him wearing any casual clothes. I turned around to see him buttoning his suit and walking towards me. His long strikes took him merely a few seconds to stand in front of me.

"Yes?" I asked while tugging a string of my hair behind my ear.

"How will you go home?" He asked.

"Uh- I have a car." I lied. The truth was, I sold my car the day before yesterday. I needed urgent cash.

He sighed and pinched his nose, "Try again." He said while stuffing his hands into his pant's pocket. I frowned deeply, what does he mean?

"Pardon me?"

"I know you don't have a car, Ms. McGill." He stated the obvious.

I folded my arms on my chest, "How can you say that?" I almost challenged him.

"Your cheeks turn pink when you lie." He shrugged. My hands instantly reached for my cheeks, I rubbed my warm cheeks to decrease the pinkness.

"No, they don't." I defended myself. Do they?

"You are right, they don't." He answered back. I narrowed my eyes, this guy is crazy. What is he up to?

"What?" I asked bewilderedly.

"I was just testing if you were lying, you really can't cover your lies." He replied. My cheeks felt hot, I mashed my lips. Why am I so obvious?
"I didn't want to embarrass you, Ms. McGill. I just don't want you to go home all alone at this hour of the night. I'll give you a ride home. I'm waiting here, you can go change." He offered and nodded towards the break room.

"Uh- no thanks, I don't need a ride. I can go home by myself." I politely denied his offer.

"I wasn't asking, Ms. McGill." He replied seriously. Can he ask nicely? Yes, he was talking in polite tone but, why can't his expressions be polite as well?

When I didn't say anything and stayed still, he sighed and rubbed her eyes with his index finger and thumb, "I don't want Maria to be worried for you if anything happens, Ms. McGill. Please, accept my offer. I can't leave you to go out by yourself and I have a daughter, waiting for me at home. Please, just come with me." His tone was softer than before. When he mentioned his daughter, a thousand questions came to my mind, but I forced myself to stay quiet. I can't interfere anymore.

I gulped and nodded my head, "I'll be right back." I replied to which he smiled.

"Thank you, Ms. McGill." He said. I agreed only for Kathryn because she wants her father to be home. Only for her.