It's funny how I feel funny in my stomach, whenever I hear Marcus's name. Maybe, it is because of his adorable kid, Kathryn or because, Marcus scares me a little— okay, a bit more than a little.

"Hey, how is Marcus's daughter, Kathryn?" I asked interestedly. I like that kid, I only spent some time with her once and immediately started loving her. She is a pure angel, nothing like her father.

"Oh, she's good. I met her last week— she's growing up fast." She paused and sighed, "I wish Susan was here to see Kath growing up." She said sorrowfully. I remember Maria telling me about Susan, Marcus's wife, my heart aches for Kathryn— I know how it feels to live without a mother and it isn't pretty at all.

"How old is she? Kathryn I mean." I asked, completely changing the topic because I know how sad Maria gets when she talks about Susan.

"She will be two in two and a half months." She smiled softly.

"Great, so— is there going to be a celebration?" I asked excitedly.

Her smile fell instantly, "Uh— no, no celebration. Marcus won't approve of it."

"But, it's his daughter's birthday. The daughter he loves the most. Why won't he?"

"Charlie, Kath's birthday is on the same day as Susan's death anniversary. Marcus doesn't even show up on that day. He just closes himself in his house with Kathryn." She answered slowly. "Anyways, which movie would like to see?" Maria asked. I didn't say anything about Kath or Marcus anymore. I don't want to interfere in family matters.

I shrugged, "Any good comedy movie. Wait, I have some in my room. Let me get it." I said and stood up from my place and walked into my room.

I kneed down and pull out a box from under my bed. It has all of my favorite movies on it. I started looking for some good comedy movies but, I couldn't because now my mind was stuck on Kathryn and— Marcus. I wonder how Kath will feel on her birthdays when she'll grow up, or what Marcus feels now— I know it must be extremely hard but, still, Kath deserves some happiness on her birthday. But, again who the hell am I to think about them? I'm nothing to them but just some stranger. God, I hate how I can't get Kathryn off my mind.

I chose some random comedy movie and walked out of my room. I was no longer in the mood of watching any movie but, I don't want to show Maria how upset I was. I don't want her to question me and then think of how stupid I am to get attached to a kid I once met. When I walked out I heard her talking to someone. I entered the lounge to see her on the phone. Her back was facing me so she didn't know I was standing behind her.

"Yes, I'm fine. Will you stop worrying?" She chuckled while brushing off the hair from her face.

Silas. I thought it is him. I don't get Maria. Even a blind person can tell that she's head over heels into him. But, she's too stubborn to accept it. Not even a single day passes by without her talking to Silas or talking of Silas. And Silas— that guy is just crazy about her.

She suddenly started laughing, "Oh my God, are you now? Poor Kathryn." She chuckled.

Kathryn? I suddenly alerted. What about her? My whole attention was on Maria and Silas's conversation. I know it's bad to hear other conversations but, she mentioned Kathie and I had to know about that cute little munchkin.

"Yeah, well she must be hungry or maybe sleepy. Why don't you try to feed her?" Maria suggested. I mashed my lips together and slowly walked in front of her. She suddenly looked up and smiled.

"Who is it?" I acted unaware and sat beside her.

In reply she mouthed, 'Silas', I rolled my eyes and smiled. But actually, inside I was dying to know what they were talking about Kathryn.