You're a what?

I finish the final touches to my brownies and make sure the table is set when the doorbell rings.

"Dad can you get that? I need to change really quick." I say trying to go as fast as I can up the stairs.

"Yeah i got it." He yells out to me.

I put on my dress, earrings, some body oil and my shoes. I spray some perfume on me and bring my cardigan. I limp down stairs with my crutches and hear laughing.

"Hello everyone. How is everybody?" I asks trying to hug everybody.

"We are good dear how are you." Mr. Deluca answers.

"Could be better." I say with a shrug.

"Are y'all ready to eat?" I asks.

"Yes. Let's go." My dad said. Leading them to the dining room.

"My dad already knew your dad." Leo says walking with me.

"How?" I asks.

"I don't know. Let's ask at dinner." We walk into the room and my dad already put the dishes on the table. We sit down and my dad prays over the food. After that we dig in.

"So how do y'all each other?" I ask looking suspiciously.

"Well. We did business together, and just became friends afterwards." My dad says.

"Yes indeed. He told me about his daughter but I didn't know it was you. He always talked so highly of you never as if you weren't adopted." He said while cutting up his potato. I blush.

"Dad you talk about me." I ask shocked.

"Of course sweetheart. You mean the world to me. Adopted or not. I raised you and you actually turned out alright." He says chuckling.

"Aww. You might make me cry." I say and everyone chuckles. We all are just eating, talking and laughing when I get a call. 

"It's from mom, dad." I say looking at him.

"Answer it. It might be important." He says looking at me.

"Okay" I say standing and grabbing my crutches.

"Excuse me y'all." I say. i get to the living room and answer.

"Hello"

"Hey Tianna There is a slight problem about this weekend."

"What is it"

"My parents are visiting as well" My heart stops a little.

"Oh um. It's okay" I say to her.

"Good. I didn't want you to think I didn't wanna spend time with you and make sure you were okay with that." She says happily.

"Oh um yeah it's okay. Bye mom "

"Bye sweetie." She says then hangs up.

They are gonna make my visit miserable. They always disliked me. I don't know why. They mistreated me and were always disrespectful.

I calm down a little and walk back into the dining room.

"How did it go?" Leo asks grabbing my hand.

"Her demon parents are gonna be there." I say sadly.

"Sorry to hear that babygirl. We will talk about that later." He says kissing my cheek.

It gets a little hot so I roll my sleeves up. But keep my hand at my side. Everyone is done eating by now.

"Anyone want to sit in the living room?" My dad asks.