a guy with a girl

twenty-one

CHASE ELLIOTT

I was abruptly woken up by the sound of my alarm going off. I turned over and reached for my phone to turn it off before it woke Caroline up. I turned back over to face Caroline and laid there for another minute just watching her sleep.

It's been a little over a week since we got back together and it feels like a dream to have her back. We've spent just about every second together since the wedding, trying to make up for the lost time.

When I told her about my past, I felt like the biggest weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I was so lucky that she was so accepting of me, despite what I had done.

Caroline slowly started waking up and I quickly grabbed my phone to make it look like I hadn't been watching her sleep.

"Were you watching me sleep?" She asked, smirking.

"Now what gave you that idea?"

"Well first of all, I could feel you watching me and second of all, you never move that fast first thing in the morning," she laughed.

"You caught me," I sighed in defeat. I took Caroline's hand that was out from under the covers and intertwined our fingers. I couldn't hide the smile that was etched on my face.

"What are you smiling about?" Caroline asked laughing.

"I'm just really happy that I have you back."

"Well, I'm happy to have you back," she smiled at me. The smile on her face fell and she looked like she was about to cry. "I'm so, so, sorry, Chase," she apologized for about the hundredth time.

"I told you to stop apologizing," I said, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"But-"

"It doesn't matter now. I have you back and that's all that matters."

She's quiet for a moment, both of us looking into each other's eyes.

"I really missed you," she whispers.

"I really missed you too," I whisper back and gently place a kiss on her forehead.

We laid in bed a while longer talking about the race today at Watkins Glen before I had to get up and start getting ready for the day. Caroline wasn't going to appearances with me so she stayed in bed longer.

"You're so beautiful," I smiled at Caroline. I walked over to the bed and leaned down to kiss her. When we pulled away, Caroline had the biggest smile on her face. She threw her hands over her face, trying to hide.

I picked my phone up from the bedside table and turned my camera on. When she moved her hands from her face, I snapped the picture and smiled at the picture.

"Delete that picture," Caroline groaned.

"You haven't even seen it yet," I laughed.

"I don't have to see it to know that I look like hell."

"You look beautiful, C, trust me."

"Fine," she sighed. I smiled and leaned down again to press a kiss on her forehead.

I finished getting ready and said bye to Caroline before I rode over to appearances with Morgan.

Appearances today included a Q & A session with NAPA employees and autograph signings. Thankfully, I didn't have many official appearances today so it was more relaxed and I could spend some more time interacting with the fans.