08 | Sneaking Suspicion

Start from the beginning

°°°

I slowly made my way back to my tent I share with Bellamy, secretly hoping he wasn't there. However, any hopes and dreams I had were crushed when I saw Bellamy sitting on the bed as I walked into the tent. The boy's head shot up, his eyes meeting mine. As he stood, he furrowed his eyebrows, walking toward me.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked when he noticed the expression on my face. He placed a hand on my arm. "Is something wrong?"

My lips formed a straight line as I shook my head. "Of course. Everything's fine... I, uh, just got done speaking with Jackson."

Bellamy furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Why?"

"Well... Something's come up." I bit the inside of my cheek as I continued. "I had him run a few tests to confirm a suspicion I've had for a while now."

"Aiden..." Bellamy spoke. "What is it?"

My voice broke ever so slightly as I answered him. "I'm pregnant, Bellamy."

Bellamy's expression changed to one I couldn't quite read. it scared me because I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Just then, the boy pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist as he held me close. After a few seconds, the boy pulled away. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly when I was a single tear roll down Bellamy's cheek.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I asked quietly, wiping the tear away.

The boy shook his head, sniffling slightly. "Nothing... A real baby?"

I felt a wave of relief wash over me as I nodded. I ghost of a smile formed on my lips; he's happy. A smile formed on Bellamy's lips, something I haven't seen in a while. It's nice. Bellamy pulled me into a kiss, his hand holding the back of my neck as he pressed our lips together. I closed my eyes, kissing back. Once we pulled away, that's when I realized I had been crying. I didn't care. Bellamy looked at me.

"Why are you crying?" The boy asked a bit confused, his eyes never leaving mine.

I just shook my head, smiling softly. "I'm just happy... I love you so much, Bellamy."

I pulled the boy in front of me into a tight hug, burying my face into the crook of his neck. Bellamy's arms wrapped around my body, one of his hands rubbing my back in a comforting manner. "I love you, too; more than you know."

°°°

I walked beside Bellamy as we followed Indra and Madi the room Clarke was locked up in. A grounder standing outside the room opened the door for us. Once we stepped into the room, Madi ran straight toward the blonde girl. I small smile formed on my lips as the two embraced each other.

"She was ready to burn this place down if she couldn't see you," Bellamy stated, causing Clarke to look at him.

"Thank you for letting me say good-bye," Clarke said, pursing her lips as she pulled away from her hug with Madi.

"Clarke, this isn't good-bye," I spoke, causing the blonde girl to look at me, her eyebrows furrowed.

I looked at Madi as she spoke to Clarke. "Octavia's sick. They say she might not wake up."

"Okay, Madi. That's enough." Indra spoke, walking toward the girl and Clarke. "We can't risk the child being seen here. She'll be safe now, and so will you."

Oh, if you guys didn't already know, it turns out Madi is a real Nightblood; Clarke found her after Praimfaya. I had only found out a few hours ago. Bellamy told me that that is why Clarke wants us to keep Madi safe, for the most part.

Indra knocked on the door and it opened. "Be quick."

With that, the two left the room, the door closing behind them. That left Bellamy and me with Clarke. I turned to the blonde girl and walked to her, pulling her into a hug. The girl hugged back.