I Lie To a 3000 Year Old Horse Man and Mom - I'm Going to Be Killed Later

The next day, the new seven were all standing at a dock at Camp Half blood. "Where's the ship?" Thalia asked.

Leo grinned, and pulled out a big red button. "One thing I always do is press the big red button." He pressed the button, and the giant, flying ship materialized. "Good old Argo II hasn't been used in a while, but I did some repairs, and it's good as new. I left the rooms as they are, but I built two more, one for Thalia and one for Nico."

They nodded, and were about to board the ship, when Percy heard Chiron calling.

"Percy? Where are you?" Chiron was yelling.

"Crap," Percy muttered. "I'm going to go talk to him."

"Don't tell him what we're doing," Leo shouted as Percy jogged over to Chiron.

"Hey, Chiron," Percy said. "What's up?"

"What were you doing in the woods?" Chiron queried.

"Um... collecting berries?" Percy said the first thing that came to his mind.

"I see you didn't find any," Chiron said, clearly a bit suspicous. "Your mom called. Said you weren't picking up any of your calls."

"I've been a bit busy," Percy said. "You know, doing research and stuff. As well as homework."

"Huh," Chiron said. "Well, she would like to speak to you."

"Ok."

Chiron led Percy to the Big House, and he called Sally.

"Hi, Mom," Percy said.

"Percy!" Sally said. Percy could tell she was seriously mad, and worried. "You haven't picked up any of my calls! I was worried sick!"

"I'm fine, Mom," Percy said. "Just hanging out with my old friends at Camp Half blood."

"Okay," Sally said. "I heard about your breakup with Jaime. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Percy said. "She wasn't my type, I guess." Percy giggled to himself.

"Ugh, Estelle is fussing. Don't do anything dangerous, okay?"

"Okay," Percy said. "Bye, Mom."

Percy hung up the phone. 

"You best not have been lying to your mother," Chiron warned. "If you do anything dangerous, I know your mother won't hesitate to kill you."

"Don't worry, Chiron," Percy said. "What could I possibly do that's dangerous?"

"3...2...1...LIFT OFF!" Leo shouted as the flying ship went into the air. Percy felt like he might be air-sick - after all, he had never been a fan of traveling via sky. But he knew that Zeus wouldn't strike down the ship - not with Thalia on it. 

"Memories, memories," Leo said. "Remember when we came on here for the very first time? That was epic!" 

The new seven laughed. "I think I'm going to go check out my room," Percy said. "To get, um, re-used to it."

Percy walked down to where the rooms were, and went into his. It looked exactly the same as he had left it - down to a dirty pair of socks on the ground. Leo wasn't lying - he did nothing to the room. Percy then found himself wandering into Annabeth's cabin. It looked the same, just like Percy's, but it felt sad. He sat down on the bed, and it smelled like Annabeth. He laid down, and found himself drifting off to sleep.