Handcuffed

Hey guys! This chapter is going to have a lot of songs in it so make sure you listen to them while you read <3 Oh and this chapter is dedicated to the sweetest little girl ever, @PinchMeHard! I got to meet her yesterday and I felt so lucky to have her as my fan. Thanks for all the love cutie!

Mia's POV 

 The plane was quiet and dimly lit because everyone was fast asleep, except me. I don't know why but I barely sleep when I'm travelling. I looked out the window but saw nothing as far as my eyes could see. I decided to listen to music when Rebecca started poking me. 

"What?" I whispered

"I'm bored and can't sleep!" She whined.

"OK what do you wanna do?" 

"Let's talk about something." She suggested.

"Ok....." 

"So you're finally over Jake then?" She whispered and my eyes automatically went over to a sleeping Jake. His face looked so calm and gorgeous! His hair stood up which made him look even sexier. I felt a pang of warmth and swallowed hard before answering. 

"No.......I'm not." I answered softly. I was actually relieved that I opened up because it made me feel light and besides, my bestfriends deserve to know about what's going on in my life. 

"How come? I mean you seemed like you had moved on when I talked to you other day.......after you made that guy pee!" She said and quietly laughed. 

"Yeah I know but then he risked his life for me by saving me from the fire last month and......" I was about to finish but Rebecca cut me off. 

"YOU WERE IN A FIRE?!" She screamed and I clasped my hand on her mouth. 

"Do you even know where we're going right now?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yeah I know but what I didn't know was that you were in a fire!" She said. 

"The whole school knows! You really are unobservant." I rolled my eyes.

"I try not to brag about it." She added and laughed. 

"No but seriously.....what happened, how did the fire start and all?" 

"I was in baking class and I don't know how it started. I made a run for the door but the room was filled with smoke by then and I couldn't see anything. I couldn't breathe as well and started coughing like hell. I fainted and was about to fall but he caught me. When I woke up his head was on my chest and the fire was growing by the second." I told her with my eyes glued to Jake's face.......his beautiful beautiful face!

"Then what?" Rebecca asked enthusiastically 

"We broke a window and jumped out since there was no other way out." I finished and averted my eyes. 

"Didn't you guys talk meanwhile?" She asked

"I told him I didn't love him anymore....." I regretted the fact that I had said that to him and I wanted to take it back but couldn't. 

"No offence honey, I love you but you can live a thousand lifetimes and still not deserve that guy!" Rebeca said. 

"Yeah I know......" I answered and looked down. I was craving warmth and affection but only Jake could give me that. 

"Look It's just that you don't let anyone in! And now you've gotten worse! You need to talk things out with people and I'll always be here for you! Rachel, Mark and I can always help you." She said and I nodded. She was right, I needed to change myself.